CAV: STRIKE OPERATIONS Kickstarter

CAVBOSS

Holy cow the KS crowd is a nervous bunch... If I could back ONE campaign where half the talk wasnt about the pledge total going down/ standing still I would be so happy!

There are some people who will not back or stay in a project if the project is not going meteoric like Bones 1 or 2 did.  They're in it for the entertainment value as much as for the product.  

This project was always more limited in appeal and scope, and we are not surprised with the overall response so far (although to see a net negative today so far is a little odd).

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

or if you want to go with "ALL THE TROPES!!!" see Rifts

.....word.

I've never actually met anyone who PLAYED Rifts... but I've known plenty who mined the setting for ideas.

I made a couple characters, and we tried to okay one session, does that count?

---

And as for needing the game vs. not, CAV is not the 28ishmm scale of most fantasy. I can take things of the same scale and use them in whatever game I want. If these were in a true 28mm scale I'd probably be all in. I could then use them in whatever sci-fi, modern, whatever genre game I chose to run. Now some of theses mechs read as neat unmanned robots that I can have attack the party, but as that they don't excite me enough to get a full pledge.

(Also my husband feels they are a derivative product of Battletech and he likes the look of the battle tech mechs better, I personally can't tell the difference)

So that is why I'll pick up a few stomps robots, and not go all in.

Though the thought crossed my mind of getting an early bird and selling those I didn't want on EBay before the rest shipped. But I will not.

But more on topic, the scale is the reason why I see the rules being the most important. Since the scale is what makes them more specific to the game. Yes there are some uses outside of CAV but for the most part they are tied to the game. So I understand why some are calling for a look at the rule set.

Edited by Thes Hunter
  • Like 1

Okay, question.

If I go in at the $1 level and plan to grab the paints as a $9 add-on, what do I pledge? $10? $9? The $9.56 that pops up in the pledge calculator, where the $1 level isn't even an option?

I'm sure this is dumb, but I've never done this before, heh.

Edited by Marvin

So do you guys/girls name your CAVs? I always named my ships in BFG and every mini in skirmish games so for me the CAVs have got to be named!

Im studying ancient greek so I think I will name them something greek. I know me "Leader" CAV is gonna be named "Panarion" (ΠαναÏιον) which means "medicine chest" :D

Agaous - Illustrious

Didasko - I teach

Zelos - Zeal

• Like 1

Okay, question.

If I go in at the $1 level and plan to grab the paints as a $9 add-on, what do I pledge? $10? $9? The $9.56 that pops up in the pledge calculator, where the $1 level isn't even an option?

$9. I'm not sure why the RPM math is giving such an unusual number.  

Okay, question.

$9. I'm not sure why the RPM math is giving such an unusual number.  

It's adding tax.

But so I just pledge on KS a total of $9? That I can do. Thanks.

So do you guys/girls name your CAVs? I always named my ships in BFG and every mini in skirmish games so for me the CAVs have got to be named!

Im studying ancient greek so I think I will name them something greek. I know me "Leader" CAV is gonna be named "Panarion" (Παναριον) which means "medicine chest" :D

Agaous - Illustrious

Didasko - I teach

Zelos - Zeal

I assign names to the pilot and WSOs, but don't usually nickname the individual CAVs.