CAV: STRIKE OPERATIONS Kickstarter

CAVBOSS

This project was always more limited in appeal and scope, and we are not surprised with the overall response so far (although to see a net negative today so far is a little odd).

Maybe it is mierce, but it has been so stable today that I wonder if someone is trolling with multiple accounts.

I just watched the video and have read most of the rules. It seems like I should be able to start small to medium skirmishes with just the early bird set and the data cards included in the rules before Thanksgiving!

• Like 1

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The comment about using all the old GW epic 40,000 minis with this has me intrigued. Does anyone have a scale shot with CAV versus epic 40,000. I may be backing this to field armies of mech if this even looks like comparable scales.

If you poke around my blog, you'll find some pictures with CAV and 40k models in the same shot. Usually with my terrain items.

• Like 1

The comment about using all the old GW epic 40,000 minis with this has me intrigued. Does anyone have a scale shot with CAV versus epic 40,000. I may be backing this to field armies of mech if this even looks like comparable scales.

If you poke around my blog, you'll find some pictures with CAV and 40k models in the same shot. Usually with my terrain items.

I randomly happen to have a blister of Epic Leman Russes somewhere in my garage.  I'll see what I can do for you in the morning.

• Like 2

Okay, question.

If I go in at the $1 level and plan to grab the paints as a $9 add-on, what do I pledge? $10? $9? The $9.56 that pops up in the pledge calculator, where the $1 level isn't even an option?

I'm sure this is dumb, but I've never done this before, heh.

$9. I'm not sure why the RPM math is giving such an unusual number.

Are you sure about this answer? Prior to this I have only seen people talking about pledging $10 for the paint set: $1 pledge plus the $9 paint add-on.

Okay, question.

If I go in at the $1 level and plan to grab the paints as a $9 add-on, what do I pledge? $10? $9? The $9.56 that pops up in the pledge calculator, where the $1 level isn't even an option?

Are you sure about this answer? Prior to this I have only seen people talking about pledging $10 for the paint set: $1 pledge plus the $9 paint add-on.

That's what I've pledged. The $1 pledge + $9 add-on.

Okay, question.

That's what I've pledged. The $1 pledge + $9 add-on.

That's what I was going to do; then the pledge manager got me all confused.

/KSn00b

So do you guys/girls name your CAVs? I always named my ships in BFG and every mini in skirmish games so for me the CAVs have got to be named!

Im studying ancient greek so I think I will name them something greek. I know me "Leader" CAV is gonna be named "Panarion" (ΠαναÏιον) which means "medicine chest" :D

Agaous - Illustrious

Didasko - I teach

Zelos - Zeal

Interesting question. I have played many sci-fi games.

Thinking on it, I often name ships, but rarely mecha. I do often paint ID numbers, nose art and other such identifiers on mecha though.

I think one of my names will have to be Gypsy Dancer (which is what I would have sworn was the name of the mech in Pac Rim).

"Gypsy Danger" sounds like one of those things that pops out of a CIA or DoD code name generator: Operation Puce Popcorn or Operation Fargo Barbecue.

Edited by Doug Sundseth
  • Like 3

I think one of my names will have to be Gypsy Dancer (which is what I would have sworn was the name of the mech in Pac Rim).

"Gypsy Danger" sounds like one of those things that pops out of a CIA or DoD code name generator: Operation Puce Popcorn or Operation Fargo Barbecue.

Gipsy Danger, actually.  I had the spelling wrong the first time.

When it comes to naming things Im the king... I had 70 necrons (40K) who all had their own ID number written in binary on their base! Even the other clubmembers thought that was too nerdy!

Hope we pick up some steam. Really want the Wolf before the fat lady sings!

• Like 2

I randomly happen to have a blister of Epic Leman Russes somewhere in my garage.  I'll see what I can do for you in the morning.
Any luck finding the Epic tanks for a comparison Girot?
  • Like 1