CAV: STRIKE OPERATIONS Kickstarter

CAVBOSS

Epic was 6mm, if that was all that accurate is a whole different question, part of the problem is the larger minis for 40k over the last 25 years (the original 28mm beakies are a lot smaller then the current ones...

Also keep in mind that 6mm is generally 1/285-1/300, while in this case 10mm is 1/180, that's a big difference in scale.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want 3 squads though: attack, fire support and recon.

Better with 4 squads: 2 Attack (for pincer moves), 1 fire support, and 1 recon

or 6 squads: 3 Attack, 1 fire support, 1 recon, and 1 flight ::P:

I haven't been able to look deeply into the rules yet, do they still require a Primary squad type for each Secondary added, if so, Falstius' 3 squad arrangement wouldn't be game legal without adding the second Attack squad. That was always my biggest frustration with CAV2 was trying to meet both the Primary/Secondary section rules and still not go over the points set for a game.

They do still require that, good point. But it would also be easy to house rule for home play.

I think that's roughly equivalent to a 4000-5000 point game in CAV 2, which would probably take about 3 hours. I'd guess closer to 4 hours for CAV:SO, given the increase in complexity.

The first few games might go about 4 hours or so.  Once you've gotten used to the turn order and shooting it speeds up quite a bit.

As for complexity the majority of the books is Special Ability (SA) descriptions.  I personally will be creating quick reference cards for each one and pulling only the SA's I'll be using during any given game.  That'll make referencing them that much easier.

• Like 1

• Reaper User

The problem with the current Data Cards is we were using them for two purposes and we only need one (playing with). We used the card as a "technical readout" as well and it puts to much info on it. The new design will correct that, giving us more room to increase font size, etc.

• Like 3

And to confirm, for one of each of the two paint sets, I should pledge $18?

In addtion to the $1 pledge level, yep!

Naturally, I just bought Scorched Metal from the OLGS last night. 

I frequently find mold lines after zenithal priming miniatures, and the black and white primers are useful for touch-ups. They can be also be mixed to make grey primer. You can make your own wash medium from matte medium and water using Les' Wash recipe but this stuff was white-opaque when I made it, making it difficult for me to see what color the miniature would look like when dried, and I don't think it adheres to Bones. I use Secret Weapon washes, myself.

Does the Reaper wash adhere to Bones? Can it be applied to Bones as a "primer" coat so I can apply premade washes? If so, please consider selling it in 2oz. or larger bottles!  ::o:

• Like 1

And to confirm, for one of each of the two paint sets, I should pledge $18?

In addtion to the $1 pledge level, yep!

Naturally, I just bought Scorched Metal from the OLGS last night. 

I frequently find mold lines after zenithal priming miniatures, and the black and white primers are useful for touch-ups. They can be also be mixed to make grey primer. You can make your own wash medium from matte medium and water using Les' Wash recipe but this stuff was white-opaque when I made it, making it difficult for me to see what color the miniature would look like when dried, and I don't think it adheres to Bones. I use Secret Weapon washes, myself.

Does the Reaper wash adhere to Bones? Can it be applied to Bones as a "primer" coat so I can apply premade washes? If so, please consider selling it in 2oz. or larger bottles!  ::o:

Make sure you wash/scrub your bones with dish soap before applying anything.  After that most "washes" will adhere if you let them dry completely.  Bonesieum bonds with acrylic like you wouldn't believe.  Basing them works even better but is totally unnecessary.

• Like 1

Not having that experience at all. I just tested with QuickShade Ink and Secret Weapon wash, and both beaded.  Most premade washes are water-based, so bead when applied to Bones. Washes made from Pledge Future Floor Wax adhere to Bones, but the mixture is slippery and messy, so I'm looking for options. I've had best results slapping watery Apply Barrel black craft paint. The stuff even pulls back slightly from raised areas, leaving a slightly white surface. Yes, I wash the Bones before painting.