CAV: STRIKE OPERATIONS Kickstarter

CAVBOSS

Man the Rach have some puny missile launchers! But the design is really slick. Thanks guys!

They are small, but fierce!

Not having that experience at all. I just tested with QuickShade Ink and Secret Weapon wash, and both beaded.  Most premade washes are water-based, so bead when applied to Bones. Washes made from Pledge Future Floor Wax adhere to Bones, but the mixture is slippery and messy, so I'm looking for options. I've had best results slapping watery Apply Barrel black craft paint. The stuff even pulls back slightly from raised areas, leaving a slightly white surface. Yes, I wash the Bones before painting.

Try RMS Grey, Blue, or Brown Liner (mix them for a good black) thinned with RMS Flow Improver if needed and only as much as needed.  Once dry, I actually needed to cut it off with a scalpel to do simulated damage to a shield.

Edited by TaleSpinner
  • Like 2

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm asked for nightshade, night shade gets revealed next stretch goal, asked for hover tank, hover tank gets revealed. 

How about a Ripper missile truck, or a badger flying brick?

... Your mind games won't work on me!

Or in the words of the great Jabba "Ho ho ho. Ya koo tocha ka poonoo nee sok nyee." (You're mind powers will not work on me, boy.) 

• Like 4

hmm asked for nightshade, night shade gets revealed next stretch goal, asked for hover tank, hover tank gets revealed. 

How about a Ripper missile truck, or a badger flying brick?

... Your mind games won't work on me!

Or in the words of the great Jabba "Ho ho ho. Ya koo tocha ka poonoo nee sok nyee." (You're mind powers will not work on me, boy.) 

I thought he said "ggggghhk ghhhhk ghhhhhhk bleeeeeh" (my poor human resources choices have killed me, oops I'm dead)

• Like 4

I hope the Adon and Ritterlich are next. They both have some sweet mechs. Temple has some appeal as the humanoid robots.

I could've done without Malvernis, but they're half the base set. ;/

Glad we're finally getting to grav tanks and the aesthetic Terran designs (katana, ronin, and regent)

• Like 1

And to confirm, for one of each of the two paint sets, I should pledge $18?

In addtion to the $1 pledge level, yep!

Okay no see this is the source of the confusion. Is it in addition to $1? For two paint sets, at the $1 pledge level, should the total pledge be $18 or $19? I was assuming it was in addition, since that's how these usually work, and was how people were talking about it upthread, but Bryan briefly said the total pledge for one set should be $9, not $10, and the pledge manager doesn't include the $1 pledge. I'd really like a definitive confirmation here.

I hope the Adon and Ritterlich are next. They both have some sweet mechs.

I'm hoping for more Ritterlich, as well.  I think they're already my favorite faction based on the fluff, as they seem like the Holy Roman Empire... in SPAAAAACE!  :lol:

Actually, "Holy Ritterlich Empire" sounds pretty good...

• Like 2