CAV: STRIKE OPERATIONS Kickstarter

CAVBOSS

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anne's paint colour choices are awesome!  Though I'm not sure I'd be up for a paint only Kickstarter (I have all the current colours already), I am up for sets being included with each new Bones campaign. 

Like the saying goes, "once you go dropper, there ain't no going back" (at least I think that's a saying).

• Like 1

And to confirm, for one of each of the two paint sets, I should pledge $18?

In addtion to the $1 pledge level, yep!

Naturally, I just bought Scorched Metal from the OLGS last night. 

I frequently find mold lines after zenithal priming miniatures, and the black and white primers are useful for touch-ups. They can be also be mixed to make grey primer. You can make your own wash medium from matte medium and water using Les' Wash recipe but this stuff was white-opaque when I made it, making it difficult for me to see what color the miniature would look like when dried, and I don't think it adheres to Bones. I use Secret Weapon washes, myself.

Does the Reaper wash adhere to Bones? Can it be applied to Bones as a "primer" coat so I can apply premade washes? If so, please consider selling it in 2oz. or larger bottles!  ::o:

Just FYI, The secret weapon washes are the Les' Wash recipe. Says so on the labels.

Having to poke them open with a spike every time is a small price to pay for paints that never dry out.

What price? I think of it as a golden excuse to own a set of skull-topped T-pins. ::D:

A paint Kickstarter sounds like fun, but I can't imagine the business could sustain the number of extra color that would be required. What might be possible would be a model where a bunch of people get together to order 5 gallons of a new, custom color once in a while. (Which would fill quite a lot of little 1/2 oz. bottles to go around)

• Like 3

Man the Rach have some puny missile launchers! But the design is really slick. Thanks guys!

It really isn't the size that matters, it's how they use them.

Once you go Rach, you never go back.

---

And I almost said... How WE use them. Never played CAV, don't know if I ever will regularly. But I've noticed that with the addon I'm grabbing I could probably field a Rach force. :lol: so looks like I've already picked my side.

Edited by Thes Hunter
  • Like 3