CAV: STRIKE OPERATIONS Kickstarter

CAVBOSS

I had to laugh. Near the start of the Kickstarter, I showed the CAVs to my son (12), who was super enthusiastic to Bones II, but he wasn't really that excited this time. Then he had the wild thought to use his dragons against the CAV, and he's been bugging me to figure out how to get the two to "play nice" with each other.

There might be a way, but I hadn't tried too hard. Now it looks like someone else might just be inspired and I won't have to do the work. So do share if someone comes up with a plan.

• Like 2

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to laugh. Near the start of the Kickstarter, I showed the CAVs to my son (12), who was super enthusiastic to Bones II, but he wasn't really that excited this time. Then he had the wild thought to use his dragons against the CAV, and he's been bugging me to figure out how to get the two to "play nice" with each other.

There might be a way, but I hadn't tried too hard. Now it looks like someone else might just be inspired and I won't have to do the work. So do share if someone comes up with a plan.

Song of Blades and Heroes is a good simple war game for use with any Reaper models you've got.

• Like 1

Yeah, I suppose I'll just have to try to bash the two together at some point. For science, you see.

On another topic, with just two (roughly) days left, I was wondering if it'd be appropriate to post up some painted pictures of CAV in this specific thread? I know they'd usually be more suited to the Show Off group, but I was wondering if maybe inspirational and motivational pictures of fully painted figures might encourage a few more wallets to open? I want this to hit all the stretch goals. All. One can dream.

I've just got the one figure myself, tho, and worse is that it's not in the KS core or subsequent stretch goals (a Sovereign). As I just had this thought late tonight to put it up in the Inspiration Gallery, so it may not get approved in time to do much good.

• Like 2

sorry for not reading through 56 pages, but if I want two early bird core sets, I need to use 2 kickstarter accounts right? 

also, as long as those two accounts have different emails (one's gmail, one's hotmail, same otherwise) I'll be ok? 

Do I have to let anyone know to spot the difference (it's literally [accountname]@gmail.com and [exactsameaccountname]@hotmail.com)?

Thanks in advance

(i already signed up for pledgemanager with the two different accounts also)

Edited by bhchan

yes, to get two EBs you need to have two accounts.

As each Kickstarter account has a separate backer ID they'll match backer ID with email address behind the scenes to identify who is pledging and the pledge value, and you'll need to fill in the pledge manager for each separately.

You will have to pay postage twice as they won't be able to merge the two accounts.

yes, to get two EBs you need to have two accounts.

As each Kickstarter account has a separate backer ID they'll match backer ID with email address behind the scenes to identify who is pledging and the pledge value, and you'll need to fill in the pledge manager for each separately.

You will have to pay postage twice as they won't be able to merge the two accounts.

True, if that applies to you based on your location.  If it helps think of the expense as a sort of "expedited" fee, lol.

KS deals keep getting less sweet.  While they might be bigger, multiples of the same model are not equal to multiple models.

Perhaps if you are a collector this is true.  I think for a player getting multiples of the basic models is a great idea. 

Anyway, aside from the original "core" set of 8x4 models, aren't the only "multiples" the vehicles, which come in pairs?  It would seem by your measurment, the KS deals keep getting more sweet, as each new stretch goal reached gives you new individual figures as either free extras or as available add ons. 

Edited by MikeD
  • Like 3

Yeah, the rate of duplication per model in the KS drops with every stretch goal, since even the 2xvehicle goals are half as duplicated as the original mechs. Uh, CAVs. BSRs!

When we cross $161k, we'll be getting close to the point where buying one of each item in the core set will cost the same as (or more than) buying the core set and getting all the duplicates for free.

Also, Kickstarter should be sending out the 48 hour reminder emails before long. I'm hoping that brings in a boost up to 161k pretty quickly so we can start wishing for sector 11. ::):

• Like 2