CAV: STRIKE OPERATIONS Kickstarter

CAVBOSS

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still keen on my "Holy Roman Empire" concept (even if it's stretching the fluff), 

I'm not sure where you came up with comparing them to any "holy" empire. The Ritterlich aren't a religious race in the least little bit. At least they didn't use to be.  But I noticed that their original Confederacy has been replaced with some kind of silly shadow government, so who knows.

Yeah, the Wikipedia article mentions the "holy" part of HRE meaning "consecrated", so it had a different inflection than what typically comes to mind.

Like I said, I'm not familiar with existing CAV lore but I can easily imagine the Ritterlich having a convoluted internal political structure between disparate member states, which created an opportunity for a Chancellor to consolidate power.  That may be horribly, terribly wrong, but I kind of don't care because I like my story and I'm gonna go play on my own!  *has CAVs start fighting with sound effects*  :lol:

• Like 4

I have a question concerning the Pledge Manager.

The FAQ states that the Pledge Manager can be modified up through April 31, 2015 but statements Bryan has made on the KS Comments were that the PM would stay open a few weeks after the KS.

First, does Bryan's statement about closing apply to those with the Early Bird levels? I currently have an Early Bird level but will not be able to keep it as I have had a funding crisis and am planning on dropping back to $1. I understand that Reaper would prefer folks add all their pledges during the KS in order to open up as many Stretch Goals as possible. I am holding off dropping to $1 until Saturday afternoon though just in case my situation changes but I don't expect it to. I am, on the other hand hoping to still get in on the actions. I am part of a group of folks going in together on an Early Bird and that is already covered, but I really don't expect to have the cash available that I'd like until early next year. So, this brings up my next question . . .

Second, if Bryan's statement does only apply to those with the Early Bird pledges and that the Pledge Manager will in fact be open until April of next year, can I assume that the date is April 30th instead of the 31st? Especially as April only has 30 days? :-)

Edit: Rereading this now that the sun is up I want to add that I would prefer to throw all kinds of money into the pot now so we can unlock the las test and finalist "we never thought we'd get here" stretch goal, but Martians also want more girls and there's nothing I can do about that right now either. BIG STOMPY ROBOTS!!!

Edited by Maredudd
  • Like 2

Even if you have an early bird level anything extra beyond the basic pledge will NOT be shipped at the same time, instead it will ship later along with all the other normal pledges,

so it should be possible for EB folk to keep it open as long as everybody else

Nope. I asked about this in the comments. If you have an EB and *don't* lock in on the ship date, they don't assume you want a core set. You need to lock in your pledge before EB shipping so you actually get a core 32 box. Also, they aren't going to check it again after the initial wave of shipments. So if you aren't locked in by that date, you're not going to get an EB box at all, your pledge will come when everything else ships.

If you want to add money sometime after EB shipping, you'll need a second KS acct.

Edited by wax_eagle

I have a question concerning the Pledge Manager.

The FAQ states that the Pledge Manager can be modified up through April 31, 2015 but statements Bryan has made on the KS Comments were that the PM would stay open a few weeks after the KS.

First, does Bryan's statement about closing apply to those with the Early Bird levels? I currently have an Early Bird level but will not be able to keep it as I have had a funding crisis and am planning on dropping back to $1. I understand that Reaper would prefer folks add all their pledges during the KS in order to open up as many Stretch Goals as possible. I am holding off dropping to $1 until Saturday afternoon though just in case my situation changes but I don't expect it to. I am, on the other hand hoping to still get in on the actions. I am part of a group of folks going in together on an Early Bird and that is already covered, but I really don't expect to have the cash available that I'd like until early next year. So, this brings up my next question . . .

Second, if Bryan's statement does only apply to those with the Early Bird pledges and that the Pledge Manager will in fact be open until April of next year, can I assume that the date is April 30th instead of the 31st? Especially as April only has 30 days? :-)

Edit: Rereading this now that the sun is up I want to add that I would prefer to throw all kinds of money into the pot now so we can unlock the las test and finalist "we never thought we'd get here" stretch goal, but Martians also want more girls and there's nothing I can do about that right now either. BIG STOMPY ROBOTS!!!

Early Bird (ACE Levels) will need to be locked in before we can ship the Early Birds - but overall, we are planning on leaving access open until April 30th. We are not re-inventing the Calendar to add an extra day to April, but we do sometimes make errors!

We will be able to help ACE Backers who need to make adjustments after their ACE ships.