CAV: STRIKE OPERATIONS Kickstarter

CAVBOSS

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks as though so far there is a pretty Rach centric and Terran centric focus so hopefully we will see the Starhawk VI come up shortly :wub: . Oh my goodness, in my enthusiasm I almost used the "S" word.

I'm guessing that is why they asked us our favorites a few weeks back so they'd know which factions to lead off with.

• Like 4

The POV of the setting/game was shifted to Terran because it was too difficult to relate to the story when told from an alien's perspective.  Rach is by far the most popular of all the alien factions so making them the "main bad guys" just makes sense.

In for the Early Bird.  White, grey, makes no difference to me.  Now just to see what else comes up.  I'm hoping to not have to increase my pledge, but I am enough a realist to know that I will.  A little.  OK, some.  A lot?

Someone is starting a monthly BT game at the FLGS so these may see use sooner than I thought.

• Like 3

Will there be a price list for the individual models in Core?  That way people can increase pledges for those add-ons.

The T-bird is $5, but it is one of the bigger CAV.  What is the price range?

-- Yes in the Pledge Manager they should be listed at some point. I know there are 4 $5 ones and 4 $4 ones, based mainly on size.

Will the Pledge Manager with this info be up before the end of the kickstarter? I would prefer to have this information so I can plan to get everything I want, and do it while the kickstarter is going to help unlock more stretch goals.

• Like 1

I believe the pricing data for add-ons (including free/core minis) will be released with the Pledge Calculator or as a separate graphic. That being said the largest CAVs in the game (Thunderbird and Emperor) are going for $5 each. If you stick with that (at least for the mechs) you should be in good shape.

The freebies are the lighter CAVs btw and will likely be $3-4 each (based on cost/mass).

• Like 1

It looks as though so far there is a pretty Rach centric and Terran centric focus so hopefully we will see the Starhawk VI come up shortly :wub: . Oh my goodness, in my enthusiasm I almost used the "S" word.

I was just curious how you came to this conclusion, since, based on the faction list here:

http://www.talon-games.com/newcavs/MODELLIST.pdf

The core force breaks down as follows:

Tiamat - Ritterlich - Fire Support

Halberd - Templar - Attack

Razor - Malvernis - Recon

Specter - Malvernis - Fire Support

Assassin - Malvernis - Attack

Wight - Malvernis - Attack

Cougar - Ritterlich - Attack

Dictator - Rach - Attack

There are no Terrans in the core force and only 1 of the 8 are Rach. I'd love to see all Terran and Rach, but unless I'm looking at the wrong faction list, that doesn't seem to be the way it's going at all.

• Like 1

• Reaper User

Will the Pledge Manager with this info be up before the end of the kickstarter? I would prefer to have this information so I can plan to get everything I want, and do it while the kickstarter is going to help unlock more stretch goals.

-- Yes...Kit is in the process of updating it now. Wont be to long before its up.

• Like 2