CAV: STRIKE OPERATIONS Kickstarter

CAVBOSS

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats, Reaper and Reaper fans on another great Kickstarter!  I've been a gamer for over 20 years and have run the gamut from RPGs to board games to tabletop miniatures.  However, one gap in my experience is that I've never gotten into a BSR miniatures game before, so thanks Reaper for giving me the opportunity to jump in full-force at an incredible price!

I feel like Reaper took a bit of a gamble on this one; they're yet to find out if there's actually a 10mm sci-fi market, or only B'Tech / Robotech.

Until about 2 years ago, CAV was the only 10mm sci-fi game that I knew about. But Dropzone Commander came out a couple years back, and is proving fairly popular in some areas. So Reaper's relaunch of CAV is probably hitting a good time.

I would just like to add that Hawk Wargames (creator of Dropzone Commander) produces sets of high-quality cardstock cityscapes (one intact, one ruined) that are 10mm scale -- i.e., perfect for CAV.  It can be daunting to have to create scenery in addition to painting your minis when getting to a new game, so these can fill that need quite adeptly.  It's $45 retail (less online) for a full 4x6 foot setup, so it really can't be beat for what it offers.

Anyway, not trying to shill for DZC, just pointing out something that I think would be incredibly useful for new CAV players such as myself who don't already have 10mm terrain.  We might even see some cross-pollination between the two games as well, as some of the CAV minis would make acceptable proxies in DZC (one of the factions even uses mechs for most of their units).

• Like 3

Will we see a regular update schedule for CAV:SO similar to Bones II, or will updates be "as needed" given the smaller scope of the project?  It would be neat to see the Adventures of CAV Forscale...  :lol:

We will be using the same update schedule for CAV that is being used for Bones II.

It is our plan to stick to the same schedule - 1st and 3rd Friday, or the Monday immediately thereafter IF I am absent on the Friday.  

Convention appearances, as always, push updates back a week.