CAV: STRIKE OPERATIONS Kickstarter

CAVBOSS

• Reaper User

I was just curious how you came to this conclusion, since, based on the faction list here:

-- The core force was just a sampling of models that was put together over a year ago. The stretch goal levels have all been terran or rach so far.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed the mention of plastic hex bases...any chance they'll end up in the store or the ala carte add-ins at a future date?

(My other question, about buy-ins for additional core force figs, has already been answered in a way that makes me happy).

That is a very good idea.  That would allow those with existing armies that haven't been modelled yet to bring their bases current.

A note on base size as it pertains to gameplay:  Model bases are used as a universal point of reference for a lot of things.  That said the functionality of the game does not hinge on them.  The minimum size is functionally 25mm but if you want/need to use slightly larger bases you still can.  The only real way that affects game play is it makes your models a tiny bit easier to hit.  I myself use 30mm clear acrylic hexes for my bases (I think my existing aircraft use 25mm).

Edited by Girot
  • Like 3

I'm less worried about uniformity, and more worried about having something to put under my IWM Stalker so that the 'walking boob' stops falling nose-first into my friend's 80-year-old wood table every time somebody looks at the map sheet funny...I love the metal hex bases that used to come in CAVs [removed to keep prices down now that they're switching from P65 to Standard], but am finding it harder and harder to justify the price.  Been considering doing a Litko experiment for a while, but if these are nice then I'll just buy these.

• Like 1

I'm less worried about uniformity, and more worried about having something to put under my IWM Stalker so that the 'walking boob' stops falling nose-first into my friend's 80-year-old wood table every time somebody looks at the map sheet funny...I love the metal hex bases that used to come in CAVs [removed to keep prices down now that they're switching from P65 to Standard], but am finding it harder and harder to justify the price.  Been considering doing a Litko experiment for a while, but if these are nice then I'll just buy these.

Here is what the Litko bases look like with a CAV on them.

• Like 2

I am in.  I will have to check out the actual CAV rules.  I have never had the opportunity to play CAV.  

My gaming group lost the majority of their mech style models when their owner moved overseas.  Our lives have been lacking where it comes to Classic Battletech.  The $100 pledge level will make for a good start towards replacing the 100 or so CBT metals we formerly had the luxury of using.

• Like 2

Trolls?  I've got a Troll-slaying knife, it's got a +7 against trolls...

(If you mean me...no, I'm not trying to get a rise.  I genuinely do want all my BSRs to stop falling over and putting dents in my friend's table, CAV and otherwise, and the new plastic hexes look to fit the bill).

Awesome on the Litko...that's the 3mm?  If the CAV bases don't work out, I'll order a set from there.

• Like 3

(If you mean me...no, I'm not trying to get a rise.  I genuinely do want all my BSRs to stop falling over and putting dents in my friend's table, CAV and otherwise, and the new plastic hexes look to fit the bill).

Awesome on the Litko...that's the 3mm?  If the CAV bases don't work out, I'll order a set from there.

LOL, I was referring to the comments page on the KS.  There are some real cockroaches that scurry out into the light as soon as there is something to complain about.

• Like 7

I was just curious how you came to this conclusion, since, based on the faction list here:

-- The core force was just a sampling of models that was put together over a year ago. The stretch goal levels have all been terran or rach so far.

Ah, ok. I already pledged on the Ace level earlier this morning because I'm impatient, but I had been hoping the initial set would let me build a nice big Terran vs Rach force. I guess I'll just have to be more patient for that. Something to look forward to as more goals unlock. =)

• Like 1

LOL, I was referring to the comments page on the KS.  There are some real cockroaches that scurry out into the light as soon as there is something to complain about.

But ... but there isn't anything to complain about!

• Like 12

But ... but there isn't anything to complain about!

They found stuff  ::P: Some people just can't be happy. 

• Like 4