CAV: STRIKE OPERATIONS Kickstarter

CAVBOSS

Trolls?  I've got a Troll-slaying knife, it's got a +7 against trolls...

(If you mean me...no, I'm not trying to get a rise.  I genuinely do want all my BSRs to stop falling over and putting dents in my friend's table, CAV and otherwise, and the new plastic hexes look to fit the bill).

Awesome on the Litko...that's the 3mm?  If the CAV bases don't work out, I'll order a set from there.

LOL, I was referring to the comments page on the KS.  There are some real cockroaches that scurry out into the light as soon as there is something to complain about.

But ... but there isn't anything to complain about!

They found stuff  ::P: Some people just can't be happy. 

anunamoose+rolled+a+random+image+posted+

Edited by Talae
  • Like 6

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It does beg the question, Jon, when will you release the PDF of the new rules.  I thought it was going to be available as soon as the KS launched.  Just itching to read it myself, but I can see how it not being there would make some people hold back. I bet we see a bump in backers when it comes out.

Girot :ph34r: me.

Edited by TaleSpinner
  • Like 1

I am curious what the thinking was that led to the rules not being available as soon as the Kickstarter was live. Plus, a real play video would be cool.

If I have to guess, it's due to everything going on at once...a staff as small as theirs is trying to mind normal operation, a convention, this kickstarter, plus the CAV section of the online store being on the fritz.  I doubt they have time to gather the board of shadowy miniatures to get the final approval done.

• Like 1

Well I have no idea if I'll *ever* play CAV, but because it's Bones and because it's Reaper I pledged at $1.  I'll probably pick a couple of add-ons and look over the rules.  Might be fun to paint something with more straight lines.  ^_^

Same, though a local convention series is doing great things for game exposure as of late.  I get the feeling I'll get roped into running at least one game on a demo day, the next time their board/wargaming event comes around [spring].

I went whole hog as they make great Battletech stand-ins [which I do play a good bit of], it's Reaper, and because there's no such thing as having too many figures.  Plus, I really, really like the planes.

• Like 1

...I can see how it not being there would make some people hold back.

You might be right about this, but I guess I don't understand that mentality. 

This game already has two very good rules sets that I haven't really heard anybody complaining about.  It seems to me that this ks is about being able to afford to get enough minis to play. Why would someone remotely interested in this forego it just because it didn't already include another edition of the rules? Especially when the most recent edition is available for free right now! Silly people.

• Like 2

In for $1 to reserve my spot in line so I can pick over the stompy robots at my leisure. Nothing that's been put up so far has grabbed my attention, but then again I'm hardly the target audience, lol. I have every confidence that there will be at least a few things that will pop up that I'll be interest- 

Hoping for some new paint perhaps. That would get me in. But otherwise hard for me to do so.

-- You might be in after all then ;-)

...Well, that was quick.  :lol: If I back for nothing else, I'll spring for paint when it becomes available. Can never have too much paint!  :bday:

EDIT: I realize that the above statement by CAVBOSS is not a promise that paint will be offered during the KS, etc. etc. etc. It makes a lot of sense that it will be added at some point, though. :)

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 6

I thought Girot handled the troll with aplomb.

I appreciate that.  While he was being negative he did have some valid concerns.  It would have been rude to ignore the legit issues and focus instead on his attitude.  I addressed both so I feel pretty good about it.

... that being said I may have accidentally fat-finger the button on my keyboard that deploys the invisible flying monkeys while I was typing.

Edited by Girot
  • Like 5