CAV: STRIKE OPERATIONS Kickstarter

I don't tend to look at comment sections much after a project is completed (hell, I'm barely able to look at them whilst a project is running), but there really isn't much going on in the comments with this project. I do find it odd that a backer who complained and has now been refunded sees fit to keep complaining though.

I guess I've been lucky, as I've rarely come across real messes in the KS comments section (though I don't frequent them very often, and even less once a project has funded).  Still, I'm curious if this is the same troll that was causing problems during the campaign.  If so, I'm really curious to know if project creators have any way of blacklisting an account on Kickstarter.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope production continues to move along, I'm eager to compare the quality of the new plastic to my old metal models!

Have to say though, last line of that update stung a bit -_-

Well if you make up for a NEMPA Paint Day, I can bring ones that I have for you to look at.

I'm trying! I've actually seen the white plastic, Talae showed me his when I was still in Arizona. I'm hoping the grey will be better--it was suggested at some point that they were tweaking the composition for sharper details.

Ok, well never mind then. As for paint day, make when you can. No pressure.

*puts away the "Welcome Back Doug" sign.

I think I failed my "communicate on the internet" roll :unsure::rolleyes: 

I really want to make it to a paint day soon--I'm just bummed it can't be sooner, not feeling pressured or anything like that. The moving truck's showing up at our new place in NY on the 24th, so I'm kinda out of luck for October -_-

As for the CAVs, I appreciate the offer, I've just seen the white ones already. Though I didn't have any of my metal models there for a direct comparison, which could be interesting. I think the only one I have in metal is the Specter...

• Like 1

So has there been any speculation on the possibility the Manufacturer may have caused artificial delays because Reaper got too picky about quality?

No but what may have happened is that after Reaper rejected some of the models they knew this one was late and just moved onto the next job while fixing this one in the down times. It's the way a lot of Asian manufactures work. Not spiteful, just the way they do things. And one of the reasons Reaper tries to stay on top of them by approving molds as they are done before the real production starts so that models aren't wasted.

• Like 2

No but what may have happened is that after Reaper rejected some of the models they knew this one was late and just moved onto the next job while fixing this one in the down times. It's the way a lot of Asian manufactures work. Not spiteful, just the way they do things. And one of the reasons Reaper tries to stay on top of them by approving molds as they are done before the real production starts so that models aren't wasted.

It seems reasonable that they don't want to upset the next customer's timeline.  I mean, for example, how many times have you had a doctor's appointment screwed up by the previous appointment taking longer than expected?  :wacko:

• Like 1

You know, that whole scenario seems off to me. So I suggest another. The injection machines don't even get scheduled until the molds are all approved. And once that happens, the queue for the machines isn't small.

I'd also posit that more frequent customers get priority. Happened in my stepfather machine shop. AT&T placed an order for copper parts every three months like clockwork. Those got priority over something that got ordered every other year. Maybe. If not delayed by two months before the order was sent in. So it's entirely possible that a more frequent customer bumped into the line a little.

Not that I mind the delay. Just more things to pile up and become "getting ready" to be painted.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I don't know if that's the way it is really working. Total speculation on my part.

Edited by Pegazus
  • Like 4
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mckenna35
      I know there are a few folks that do Bolt Action and similar 28mm wargaming (@buglips), so I thought I'd bounce this out there.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tftb/world-war-ii-soviet-railroad?ref=discovery_recommendations

Story
      Railroads are an important means to transport troops, equipment, ammunition and all other kinds of supply to the front. Especially in a country as vast as the Soviet Union with it's endless steppes, only few reliable roads and no major rivers running in the direction of the German advance during Operation Barbarossa in World War II. 
      With this set of detailed buildings and rolling stock in 1/56 scale for 28mm figures you get the opportunity to recreate the crucial fighting around the Soviet railroad system.
      The kits focus on the major pieces of rolling stock available to the Soviet defenders: box cars, gondola cars and flat cars. And the mighty ALCo RSD-1 Diesel Engine which was made available under the US Lend-Lease Act.
      Also included is a typical rural train station with optional additional platforms for all who want to depict a Soviet - or captured German - supply depot, where heavy equipment like tanks and guns are being unloaded.
      And for all of you looking for an armored train - don't worry! We have you covered.
        Talking about railroad tracks:
      We did not see the need to reinvent the wheel, so all kits are designed to be used with
      4Ground Railroad Tracks (available as add-ons to the Kickstarter) or O Gauge Model Railroad Tracks The kits include optional parts enabling you to choose your favorite system while assembling. Going this route has allowed us to concentrate on designing and producing the rolling stock only, which has the advantage of an earlier fulfillment date for the Kickstarter.
      All models are highly detailed on the outside and inside. The interiors are easily accessible, as roofs are removable. In addition, all doors are moveable, which means you can open or close them during gameplay.

• By Ganryu Kojiro
      A Viking Girl sculpted by Bobby Jackson. She was a lot of fun to paint since she had a lot of canvas for freehand work. She is also my first serious effort at NMM, so that's a well I plan to return to.

I came to paint her when I asked my friends which model needed to get some love next. I presented a wizard, a ranger, and an armored lady fighter. One chimes in that she'd like to see the fighter (she being a practitioner of HEMA). Her boyfriend mentions something about boob armor. I said, no, she's got pretty normal armor. You want to see something egregious? THIS is egregious. My HEMA friend immediately says, "I'd like to change my vote." So here we are.

Here's the WIP thread for her. Here's my next piece.

• By Sylverthorne
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vaspider/symbols-of-faith-and-pride

This has sod all to do with miniatures, but I would be surprised if there were not people who might want one of these pins, for literally any reason at all.
      I'll let the campaign speak for itself, as I usually do; it is pins. There are, as the title implies, representations for most of the common faiths, in a literal rainbow of ... well, Pride rainbows. 
    • By Sylverthorne
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dogmight/kickstarter-exclusive-fire-dragon-valhalla-screen

"You take your game seriously. Now it's time for a serious screen.
      In October of 2018, Dog Might released the first fully sculpted GM Screen, the Valhalla Screen. Since then, we have released over 30 more designs, including officially licensed screens for: Pathfinder, Call of Cthulhu, and Vampire: The Masquerade. We have also designed screens for you favorite shows, such as Relics and Rarities and the Critical Role stream of Undeadwood. Over the last year and a half, our Valhalla Screens have proven to be our most sought after product. "

... Would it surprise anybody here to know I want one? 
      If I can't have one, at least I can spread the word. ;p
    • By Sylverthorne
      So.. I fell over this. It's... well, go look for yourselves; 
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/159974695/badbandana-6-pizza-dragons 

... pizza and dragons. Where have I seen this notion before..? I can't quite... >.>  
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 1 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)