CAV: STRIKE OPERATIONS Kickstarter

CAVBOSS

Soon(â„¢) for the Pledge Manager is probably not the best joke to make, especially in CAV circles.  It's the one corner of the forums where it is not considered funny.

Truth

I'm not a CAV player at all and can't even remotely see when I would be. So staying out of this KS is easy for me. Perhaps something might come along to make it interesting for a fantasy player. But I'm not expecting that given it is a CAV KS! And it's great you are getting the attention you deserve!

Well, being a CAV player that doesn't really do fantasy figures I did not back either Bones I or Bones II for the same reason, the bulk of the figures didn't interest me. We all don't have to like the same thing. Regardless, I weep for those who miss the joy that is playing BSR games.

Even though I don't really need the models, I went ahead and backed it at the Ace level anyway. The multiples of those models will help round out forces I already have. Though since I'll probably be sticking to CAV2, the Tiamat and Halbard will most likely be repurposed on my table.

• Like 5

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I don't really need the models, I went ahead and backed it at the Ace level anyway. The multiples of those models will help round out forces I already have. Though since I'll probably be sticking to CAV2, the Tiamat and Halbard will most likely be repurposed on my table.

This makes me happy.  I have lots of CAV already, but now I can get some Bones and rope in more players, for whatever game I want.

• Like 4

I really want to see pics of the new scaled CAVs compared to the old scale and/or Battletech minis. I have many of the original Rogue Legion Mechs in the old scale and I just want to know how much they shrunk. 1"hex bases are really small, that kinda has me worried.

-- There is no change in size of the old RL stuff. Those were already scaled to what we are using now. The plastic one will be the same size as the metal if that helps you.

The 1" ones work fine. The plastic figs will all have their bases sized to fit right in and we have seen no problems when playing. Plus they now fit on the BT hex map sheets for those who use them.

I was hoping for the full 1.5" for more basing space, but 1" should work out OK. (BT hexes are actually 1.25" across - The IWM hexes are almost that big, but not quite.)

It looks as though so far there is a pretty Rach centric and Terran centric focus so hopefully we will see the Starhawk VI come up shortly :wub: . Oh my goodness, in my enthusiasm I almost used the "S" word.

I was just curious how you came to this conclusion, since, based on the faction list here:

http://www.talon-games.com/newcavs/MODELLIST.pdf

The core force breaks down as follows:

Tiamat - Ritterlich - Fire Support

Halberd - Templar - Attack

Razor - Malvernis - Recon

Specter - Malvernis - Fire Support

Assassin - Malvernis - Attack

Wight - Malvernis - Attack

Cougar - Ritterlich - Attack

Dictator - Rach - Attack

There are no Terrans in the core force and only 1 of the 8 are Rach. I'd love to see all Terran and Rach, but unless I'm looking at the wrong faction list, that doesn't seem to be the way it's going at all.

I was mainly looking at the unlocks. The core force is a copy of molds they already had but the new addons have all been Rach ot Terran (or used to be unless something as changed).

• Like 1