ZN Games Fantasy Miniatures & Steampunk Airships, Now Live

Orlando_the_Technicoloured

going a bit slow, but I still feel this has a decent chance to fund,

from the comments

Creator Impact! Miniatures about 2 hours ago

I am working on what I hope to be a big announcement for tomorrow that will I am hoping get this project to reach a Funded status. I do plan to still honor the $7k stretch goal ... let me get this first announcement out and then I'm willing to have a poll so that everyone can vote on what they want for that stretch goal should it be reached.

who doesn't need mini airships (or submarines if you want to repurpose them)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's that you say? What could I uses these airship minis for? All will be revealed in the latest update

Update #3 Sep 18 2014

New Airships vs Aliens Board Game ... and ... 50% Funded

Thank you backers we reached 50% funded at the half way point of the duration of the KickStarter. Thank you for helping us reach this point.

I've been listening to a lot of the feedback and one of the requests was to give the airship miniatures a game. With that request I have worked with my friends to create a easy to learn strategy board game that can make great use of the ship miniatures.

Introducing Airships vs Aliens the board game. Below is a Photoshop'd image of how the game will look with an example of a game in process (the Airships just completed their 2nd move).

9fbd8ff93453cb824f1c899c0f8e7dd5_large.j

Airships vs Aliens Board Game is a quick strategy board game for 2 players with one player defending the Earth with 10 Steampunk Airship miniatures while the opposing player attempts to win the invasion using 10 Alien ship miniatures.

Airships vs Aliens is a simple strategy board game but has complex strategies due to the use of limited command tokens and possible reinforcements of previous destroyed ships. You can see the easy to learn 2 pages of rules for the game here: http://www.impactminiatures.com/KickStarter/ZNGames/Airships_vs_Aliens.pdf

The Airships vs Aliens game has free international shipping.

At this time we are not planning to make copies of the game beyond this KickStarter. So the 50 copies of the game being offered with the KickStarter are currently the only production of the game planned at this time. However we are not promising the game will be a KickStarter exclusive.

If we can get backers for all 50 copies, the KickStarter will fund and we can start discussing stretch goals which would be great. To help us reach that point we could use the help of our current backers to let anyone you can about the 50 copies of the game to help us get this funded. Mention it on forums and we have a Facebook post here you can share with your friends: https://www.facebook.com/impact.miniatures/photos/a.1497794137127975.1073741825.1497794107127978/1518348658405856/?type=1&theater

Thank you for getting us to the halfway point and I look forward to closing out the other 50% with our great backers.

Tom @ Impact!

540c98721e9478e7c0622821a4e3ca38_large.j

Also it doesn't look like the full range of spaceships are utilized. I think their are 10 different models but this game is using repeats of 3 (to match the 3 bug types). I would have rather it featured one of each, even if different ships ended up having the same stats for simplicity.

Also it doesn't look like the full range of spaceships are utilized. I think their are 10 different models but this game is using repeats of 3 (to match the 3 bug types). I would have rather it featured one of each, even if different ships ended up having the same stats for simplicity.

Hi Serpine,

I only used 3 of the Airship models for three reasons.

1)   Those 3 ships are one piece models and are 3 different sizes which makes it easier for the player and the opponent to tell which figure is a gunship, warship or commandships

2)    Reason 2 is a subset of reason 1.   By being one piece those ships are less money per a piece to cast compared to the other models of those sizes which allows me to get 20 models with flight stands in the boxed set with a playing mat and tokens for only $50.

3)    The shapes on those ships worked best with the size of the board we planned on using compared to the other 7.

However ... I do see your point.   I figure out an upgrade price for the game so that you could have the Airship side come with one of each Airship model instead of the current mix and then it would be up to the buyer to paint the bases or the ships so that it was clear which of the 3 types each was.

I'll post that in an update as an optional upgrade to the boxed set.

Tom @ Impact!

Hurrah!

as per the latest update

I posted this in the comments but wanted all the backers to know that one of the backers at $250 has messaged us to let us know that he will upgrade to the $500 reward level if we need it in the final hours to make sure we fund.

With that promise we are only $60 as of right now from definitely funding. I have appreciated the support, the posts to social media and forums that everyone has done. Thank you! I very much look forward to getting the ZN Games miniature range relaunched and establishing the Pay-It-Forward Memorial fund in Chris Bledsoe's name.

Looking forward to posting a thank you to everyone in the next 2 days for us funding.

Tom @ Impact!

the project is now pretty much guaranteed to fund