fanguad

Fall 2014 Miniature Exchange

I'm still confused...I see neither the green liner nor the purple liner in the store. Where can one obtain these paints?

They aren't sold by Reaper anymore, you can find them in other stores by doing a Google search.

Glad you liked him Sanael! I was getting worried he didn't make it. His arm kept giving me issues with falling off!

He is Rahl, Duke of Pain http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Darkspawn/latest/14436 fromReapers Warlord line. And he is based on a resin base from Scibor Miniatures. The base is a little larger than the requested size, but I felt he just fit that base perfectly. Hope that work ok for using him in a game. He also got my first real attempt at freehand work.

The Liners I found a bunch of at my flgs and immediately bought a bunch of them. They are old paint and they may need some love before they work right. 

They were replaced by other colors:

(Colored Liners Triad 9738)

9112 Red Liner - Reaper 9235

9113 Green Liner - Reaper 9236

9114 Violet Liner - Reaper 9237

• Like 2

They were replaced by other colors:

(Colored Liners Triad 9738)

9112 Red Liner - Reaper 9235 Red Shadow

9113 Green Liner - Reaper 9236 Green Shadow

9114 Violet Liner - Reaper 9237 Violet Shadow

Very cool, I looked them up and then added the shadows to the end as sometimes people look things up by name rather than number.

• Like 1

Glad you liked him Sanael! I was getting worried he didn't make it. His arm kept giving me issues with falling off!

He is Rahl, Duke of Pain http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Darkspawn/latest/14436 fromReapers Warlord line. And he is based on a resin base from Scibor Miniatures. The base is a little larger than the requested size, but I felt he just fit that base perfectly. Hope that work ok for using him in a game. He also got my first real attempt at freehand work.

The Liners I found a bunch of at my flgs and immediately bought a bunch of them. They are old paint and they may need some love before they work right.

Rahl! I knew I'd seen him somewhere before! I played a demo game with him at Rcon last year. Very cool piece.

The freehand hem looks great, btw. Totally snazzy, and absolutely something I'll work into his stat line for my game. The base is great; it's not too big, and will just serve to make him suitably intimidating.

We really are glad to have the liners. They're nice colors and well worth the love they might need.

• Like 1

Yeah... Rahl is going on my to-buy wishlist list now, he's awesome.

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 1

I got mine from romulan commander today it is an awesome stone golem painted as a lava golem he also threw some giant rats in the box thanks ill get some pics tomorrow

Hey wolfie, will you be posting the pictures? 

Im curious to see how you take photos of the minis as Im still having trouble with that aspect - I took some WIP pix but they arent as good as Id like. 

Also is there going to be a Winter exchange?

I got mine from romulan commander today it is an awesome stone golem painted as a lava golem he also threw some giant rats in the box thanks ill get some pics tomorrow

Hey wolfie, will you be posting the pictures?

Im curious to see how you take photos of the minis as Im still having trouble with that aspect - I took some WIP pix but they arent as good as Id like.

Also is there going to be a Winter exchange?

We are finishing up the secret Sophie now. I think the next I'll be called a spring exchange/spring cleaning, but we will open a new thread on it in a few weeks.

• Like 1

Official Forum Exchange Announcement:

If you have participated in a forum miniature exchange between RCon 2014 and RCon 2015, you are eligible for a special [unofficial] ribbon at RCon 2015.  I will have a pile of them, and will try to hook up with ub3r_n3rd to make sure he has some to give out as well.  Just find one of us and we'll give it to you.

• Like 1