Fall 2014 Miniature Exchange

fanguad

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Miniature primed and sitting on the desk. Might purchase some milliput and sculpt a base. I want to use my sculpey but I don't want to place it in an oven I am using for food and the sun is no longer shining in California, so I cannot use solar heating, lol.

This exchange is going to have a lot of first for me. First time painting metal and first time actually sculpting a base. O_O

• Like 1

Im behind - oh I have my minis and Ive even planned out the scene for them.

Now its a matter of figuring out how to simulate water when you are going to have a mini be partially in it.  Bbut in a way that it ll totally make it thru customs. -any suggestions for what not to do? thinking coloring scheming the bottom and 'filling it' with a clear resin that hardens. that wont cause a problem in customs right?

Im behind - oh I have my minis and Ive even planned out the scene for them.

Now its a matter of figuring out how to simulate water when you are going to have a mini be partially in it.  Bbut in a way that it ll totally make it thru customs. -any suggestions for what not to do? thinking coloring scheming the bottom and 'filling it' with a clear resin that hardens. that wont cause a problem in customs right?

Pretty sure you can use the water effects and realistic water as they will dry solid and give you what you are looking for. They shouldn't set off any alarms being in their solid state.

Here's a tutorial site for you to peruse and gain some ideas for how to manipulate the basing materials.

• Like 1

He already put it up  ::P:

Anyone know who the figure is I received...? I'm lost as to which figure and who did it

Pictures or it did not occur.

Quick cell phone pics of the mini I got! ...I have no clue what it is, but definitely the first western style piece I have! ...makes me think of the Walking Dead, slightly.

Aaaaand Ninja'd by the Queen!  :ph34r:

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 3