Fall 2014 Miniature Exchange

fanguad

I had some free time this morning and sat down to put some serious work in on my exchange mini.  I'm calling it 99% done at this point and have sat it aside. The remaining 1% are any touch-ups I notice before it gets sealed. 

Now to get working on the base.  While I don't think the total hands-on time will be that bad, I want to try out a few different things that need time to cure.

• Like 1

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG! My exchange is probably... 95%-98% DONE! It was a doozie... Very much so and very  much a work-in-progress / learning experience. I managed to learn a LOT with this one, which normally isn't what I do for exchange minis as I tend to stick what works and what I can get phenomenal (for me) results with. THIS one though... THIS one. It was one of many firsts which I will have to catalogue in detail in a few days once it ships and is received, hopefully with much joy!  ^_^ 

God knows I salvaged a major, unforeseen blunder, and am happy with what I've managed to cram together, interesting as the process was. The ridiculous thing kept talking to me... "Try this!" it said... "Use that!" it said... "BUY A DREMEL!!!" it said... "IT PUTS ME IN THE DISPLAYYYYY CASSSSSEEEEE.... NOW!" it said... Messy, messy thing... :;,;: Now that I think about it, I'll be glad to get it out the door! LOL!

Glory be, it should ship out... hmmmm.... sometime between Wednesday and Friday. Yay!  :bday:

• Like 2

I got my exchange minis for my partner today, just have to figure out how to paint it up. I think I have enough time to put the love and care into it that I want to. Im going to try something new again with it, and im experimenting with 'true' white. @[email protected] oooorrr as close as I can....

ThIS SOUNDTRACK IS FREAKING TERRIBLE!! I can't even focus on writing this post!

• Like 2

I got my exchange minis for my partner today, just have to figure out how to paint it up. I think I have enough time to put the love and care into it that I want to. Im going to try something new again with it, and im experimenting with 'true' white. @[email protected] oooorrr as close as I can....

ThIS SOUNDTRACK IS FREAKING TERRIBLE!! I can't even focus on writing this post!

White is tough, check out David Powell's painting white tutorial, it's very eye-opening. 

• Like 1