I lurve this model!

Your colors on this are totally amazing...I love that green, especially with the pink of the main body. Is that the moth green triad from RMS?

Man, I'd made myself forget about this model. Now I want it all over again. Well done.

• Like 1

Cool mini, great paint job! I love the texture you've given him with the subtle striping on the tentacles-- it brings a really nice contrast to the smooth purple. So clean!

• Like 1

I lurve this model!

Your colors on this are totally amazing...I love that green, especially with the pink of the main body. Is that the moth green triad from RMS?

Man, I'd made myself forget about this model. Now I want it all over again. Well done.

Tusk white, mekong moss and swamp green for the carapace. Very happy, came out exactly as I envisioned, yay.

Fantastic colors all around, but those eyes are just plain money.

Thanks, I looked at the shape of octopus eyes and tried my best to paint that.

I like that model.  Even though I don't play I might have to pick it up and re-purpose it.

I have seen some hacked up ones modded to look like they are rising from the swamp water. Pretty cool.

Nice one, definately a cool model. If I get a gatorman posse or two I might need to flesh out a 35 pt minion army ;)

• Like 1

Oh, very very nice!  Your blending is smooth, and it's the little details, though not a big deal to paint for someone of your skill, that nonetheless bring the miniature to life: the texture on the tops of the tentacles, the highlights in the eyes.  Oh, well done, my friend!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kazmania7
      The last of my recent work. This month I felt like tackling a few drow for practice, I have a set of raging hero's dark elves been dying to do but first want to get really comfortable painting drow so ran across him in my old figures and my mind instantly whispered DROW.

• By HolkDiggity
      This is yet another of my metal trade bin finds! I picked him out because he looked like he was wounded, and I love minis in poses other than at-arms. It turns out that he's clutching a dagger on his chest, and not a wound. Also, I'm spoiled by Reaper's wonderful faces. This one is a little bit flat, though that may be due to being in the bin. Anyway, not my best work, but I painted this in a few hours!

• By Rigel
      From the depths of SPACE, they came!

A menace unlike any the Solar System had yet seen! Their weapons--inexorable! Their strange mental powers--UNCANNY! 

Bombshell's Counterblast line has a faction called the Edofleini. Can't prove anything, but I feel strongly that the designer had read David Wiesner's "June 29, 1999" at a formative age. The Edo are giant-brained cephalopods with zap guns and psionic powers, and if that doesn't tickle your fancy, perhaps a Space Squid has used an Emotive Transductor to suck all the JOY and WONDER from your heart? (They can do that, you know!)

I couldn't resist, anyway. Tried to give them a color scheme inspired by this coconut octopus. 

Here's the four-eyed leader of the bunch, in its magnificent robe of office.

The gold-armored subordinate with Neural Halberd:

A vicious enforcer, tentacles flailing:

A four-eyed underling:

And a runtish Spawnling:

And here's a group shot!

Keep watching the skies! Guard your brains! ARE YOUR THOUGHTS YOUR OWN, CITIZEN?

Ever so many more pictures below if you click:

• By Rigel
      Wish I'd taken more in-progress pics here, but when the muse strikes...

Anyway, I got my hands on some figures from Bombshell's Counterblast, specifically the Edofleini faction. Could be described as BRAIN SQUIDS FROM SPAAAAAAACE!! (I assume you read that with the reverb turned up.)
      Decided to use the color scheme from this lovely shot of a coconut octopus:

These were the paints used for the bodies; AP Toxic Mist plus some turquoisish Reaper sample paint was used for the suckers, and AP Greedy Gold for the jewelry and weaponry. Also used AP Kraken Skin for the leader's mini-cape. Seemed appropriate.

Blue-black tentacles, eventually shading up to the rusty Astorath Red.

A touch of color for the accessories and suckers: 

Then a great amount of drybrushing in shades of orange and yellow. I wanted the siphons to be the brightest points. 

I feel like they are close to done--should I add another coat of red wash, or use something darker? 
  • Who's Online   30 Members, 2 Anonymous, 304 Guests (See full list)