Warlord Release

As the ring leader of a group of folks here in London Ontario who have recently got into playing with Warlord I can tell you that the card comment was common.

I have been using an old Ravenloft deck. The two colours, the various symbols and numbers help but most impressively of all are the pictures. As one as said earlier in this discussion, the pictures keeps everything in the proper mood.

If Reaper creates a deck for Warlord as a gaming supplement, I would suggest that it creates a multi-coloured deck so that many armies could be used within a single battle. We are working on a 4 corner race to the treasure in the middle scenario. A four coloured deck would make that very easy to do.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya

The Beta has changed quite a bit from the closed beta to open beta since then other than tweeks here and there and some new added stuff it hasnt changed core wise.

Last thing that was said is Warlords is slated for release at Origins that is the goal even though they have had some comp problems.

Tim Krason

Instead of using a deck of cards, get a pack of Card Protectors, slide in an old common you do not care about, the slide in your factions Artwork, you could even add in some words of wisdom or quotes.

2 coppers

Lee

Origins is the smaller brother of GenCon but it is a nice convention we have a lot fo fun there each year. Good place to see old friends lol

Them's fighting words. ::D:

Origins was developed completely independently from Gencon. Gencon, as the name implies started in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin I believe in 1968 or therabouts but did not truly become a become event until about 76 or 77.

Origins started in 1975 in Baltimore, I think as an Avalon Hill function, in 77 it was sponsored by SPI and in 78 was turned over to GAMA.

Gencon has always drawn a much larger RPG crowd and Origins has always drawn a much larger miniature and boardgame crowd, simply because of the people that originally created those shows.

So yes Gencon is bigger than Origins but they are in no way related to each other.

And, yes you will see hackles rise on the subject amongst the Old Guard gamers. (wondering if I now fit into that group, scary thought)

Wow, was that off topic or what.

Wow, was that off topic or what.

Not really Heisler, if you finish with the thought that Origins has a larger miniatures crowd - it's very appropriate that Warlord should be released at Origins cause it's a miniatures game, right?! :;):

back on topic, just like that! :poke:

debby ^_^ *who didn't know the background of her 2 favorite cons and now feels more educated*