Partnered Entries in the ReaperCon 2015 Painting Competition

Heisler

I received a PM some time ago about partnered entries being allowed in the competition. My gut reaction was no, but I indicated that I would discuss it with the Head Judge (Clever Crow) and I finally got around to that today.

We want to be inclusive of different ways to participate in the competition so we are going to allow partnered entries starting with the 2015 competition.

1) All participants must be present when entering the competition with their mutual piece (i.e. no, "I'm going to play a game could you enter it?" shenanigans). The entry will not be accepted if all the participants are not present.

2) Its one entry so only one medal will be awarded. Even if 10 people are involved still only one medal.

Additional rules may be added as we work through some of the other ramifications.

• Like 1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is a partnered entry? What is the purpose of doing one?

Basically, its two or more people working on the same entry. It might involve one person doing all the base work and the other doing the painting or splitting the painting chores or something along those lines.

• Like 3

What is a partnered entry? What is the purpose of doing one?

I can see this if you have one person really good at painting & anther basing/scenery work. Anther possible reason you want to paint the good guy & your friend could paint the bad guy in a diorama.

• Like 5

Cool.  When Heisler sent me this question I realized that we (or at least myself and Heisler) had never considered it.  I hope the limited restrictions are ok and really the intent of the MSP open at ReaperCon is to be inclusive and more importantly fun.  

Looking forward to seeing what Mr & Mrs Melons come up with plus anyone else that is inspired. 

• Like 6

a number of competitions have allowed this for a while. Its not really a big deal. Not many people do it and many fewer do it well.

What other competitions allow this? I'm not aware of any that do except for a couple of European ones.

Those are the ones I'm refering to. I'm not aware of any here in the states.