Sign in to follow this  
dsmiles

SPM144010: Noh Empire Render

Quick tabletop paint I did yesterday. Not a contest winner, but I'll enter him as a Spaceship Superstar anyway.

post-7145-0-40998100-1410102890_thumb.jpg

post-7145-0-74755800-1410102892_thumb.jpg

post-7145-0-71508300-1410102894_thumb.jpg

post-7145-0-65597700-1410102896_thumb.jpg

post-7145-0-17646600-1410102899_thumb.jpg

post-7145-0-61216000-1410102900_thumb.jpg

post-7145-0-59606400-1410102902_thumb.jpg

post-7145-0-28426400-1410102905_thumb.jpg

post-7145-0-61256900-1410102907_thumb.jpg

As always C&C welcome!

• Like 17

Thanks!

Gooey is, er, was a good word for it. It's about 4 drops of Tamiya X-27 Clear Red mixed with a nickel-sized drop of Tacky Glue and about two-ish drops of water. Applied with a toothpick.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By odinsgrandson
      So I really like board games with cool minis. Two of the board games that I’ve spent the most time playing are Kingdom Death: Monster and Super Dungeon Explore! Both are great games with fantastic minis- although the tones each use could hardly be farther apart.  

The developers of these games know each other, and When both games went to Kickstarter, they took the opportunity to do a cool cross over. So means that we got a really cute chibi of the Twilight Knight.  

She makes a great mini, and I’d have been happy to leave it off there, but the fluff on her card implies that if those super cute Super Dungeon characters go into the Nether Rift in their seting, they end up in the brutal and bloody hell world of Kingdom Death.  

So I got to thinking about this, and decided that I really needed to expand on this idea of the cute little chibis on the Planes of Faces.  

Yes, these are all playable, and I'm going to continue to create Chibi versions of Kingdom Death monsters.  

• By EvilJames
      I haven't posted anything in a while now, but I have been painting quite a bit. Unfortunately I just haven't been able to get good pictures lately. I think it might be because I finished my hobby room now take pictures downstairs in the basement with less natural light. Sadly It means I had to abandon my dungeon setting for pictures and go to regular photo back grounds, But at least I now have a set up that works for taking pictures now. So I'll be playing catch up for  little while with posting some things I've gotten done lately.

So With out further ado, this was my Gencon MHE contest entry for this year, a Noh Empire squad. I actually got a bronze this year even though my group base was still really rough. I was super happy about that

Bronze! Like I said my group base was really rough and unfinished, but I don't think it counted against me since it was sort of optional anyway.

Marikan To was my first major attempt at lining. Mostly on her wraps and on her quiver. I think her skin needed more highlighting but I'm not really sure how to highlight smooth skin yet.

The Beastmaster I think turned out pretty good. I was very happy with the faces on his armor. His skin looks like it could use a touch more shade, but otherwise I'm happy.

The Hounds of Nozuki were a bit tricky since their fur had no detail I had to try and figure out how to make it look interesting (I had the same issue with Marikan To's hair). I think they turned out ok. I was getting a little burned out on the bases by the time I got to these guys.

Marikan To's bird companion. His base took the longest and he was just about the last figure I finished since I wasn't entirely sure how and where I wanted his coloration.
      Thanks for looking. Let me no if you have any comments, critiques or advice for next time. I'll post some other stuff I've finished tomorrow.
    • By odinsgrandson
      When Super Dungeon Explore first hit the scene, I almost immediately wanted to start making characters from some of my favorite 16 bit JRPGs.
      For some reason, my favorite characters in Final Fantasy 6 were always the least central ones, but the chances that Sodapop were going to make a suitable Mog or Umaro mini was pretty low.  So, when I saw that a local Blood Bowl commissioner had some Big Foot Minis for sale, I had to jump at the chance to make an Umaro.  I only had to adjust the hair a little and it was perfect.
      For Mog, I started out with a Giri creep from the Super Dungeon Goro set (I ended up with lots of extra Giri after the Forgotten King Kickstarter.
      Anyway, here they are:

• By Clearman
      This was an old Soda Pop miniature that I think I received as a promo.  It's been setting in a box for 10+ years as one of those models that was waiting for me to be "good enough".  He was a blast to paint, and I was kind of amazed at how well flesh tones worked for hair color.  Entry three of four at ReaperCon.

Comments and Critiques welcome.

• By odinsgrandson
      Ok, I’m a fan of the Final Fantasy series, and one of the things that I like to do is convert chibi minis into some of my favorite videogame characters.
      Naturally, one of my favorites is Auron from Final Fantasy X. He’s such a badass.
      I started out with the Goemon mini from Ninja All Stars (which is a fine mini in its own right). Everything that isn’t Goemon was made from green stuff. All together, I think he came out rather well.

• Who's Online   15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 94 Guests (See full list)