This is Sophia Drake from Relic Knights, leader of Black Diamond's elite heavy infantry force, the Black Dragons.  My WIP of the Black Dragons is here.

post-8582-0-59076100-1410135634_thumb.jpg   post-8582-0-46288800-1410135635_thumb.jpg

post-8582-0-39652300-1410135636_thumb.jpg   post-8582-0-22274900-1410135637_thumb.jpg

She's apparently a little camera shy, so here's a lower angle that shows her face.

post-8582-0-05854900-1410135638_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

Love it. Can't help but feel it would benefit from some brighter tight edge highlighting in spots to separate the shapes.

Highr in value. More white. The pics show the edges as a medium grey for me (but, you know, it could be a thing of the pics + my PC screen).

I used three levels of gray, with the brightest of the three edging the areas where the medium color is dominant.  I can definitely see how some pure white could help, though I'm a bit hesitant to go back since too much white would look worse than what I have.

For reference, the grays are VMC German Gray, VMC Basalt Gray and RMS Rainy Gray.

Rainy gray is quite light... I guess it is a thing of the pic then.

It is still quite nicely done. I really like the idea and placement of highlights and shadows... transitions are perfectly done.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By odinsgrandson
      Evil has many faces, even when it is kind of cute. Here are some of the generals working under the Dark Consul. They represent the highest caliber of evil in Super Dungeon Explore. This is a set of bosses for Super Dungeon Explore that I painted for a client.

• By SamuraiJack
      About this project
      Samples of painted resins supplied by Studio Giraldez. Resin masterclass models supplied unpainted Strap in and blast off! The Starfinder Roleplaying Game puts you in the role of a bold science-fantasy explorer, investigating the mysteries of a weird and magical universe as part of a starship crew. Will you delve for lost artifacts in the ruins of alien temples? Don rune-enhanced armor and a laser rifle to battle undead empires in fleets of bone ships, or defend colonists from a swarm of ravenous monsters? Maybe you'll hack into the mainframe of a god-run corporation, or search the stars for clues to the secret history of the universe or find brand new planets to explore. Whether you're making first contact with new cultures on uncharted worlds or fighting to survive in the neon-lit back alleys of Absalom Station, you and your team will need all your wits, combat skill, and magic to make it through. But most of all, you'll need each other.
      ADVENTURE: The Starfinder Adventure Pledge level is a great entry point for the start of your collection of Masterclass figures. This pledge includes 8 Kickstarter exclusives, including Candy cosplaying as Navasi and Cola cosplaying as Quig, along with heroes from the Pathfinder RPG Legacy Races. Also included is a gang of Space Goblin Zaperators. Customize your pledge with the added 6 Hero Slots and 4 Encounter Pack Slots. Also all unlocked Freebies!
      CAMPAIGN: The Starfinder Campaign Pledge level is the perfect pledge for the miniature enthusiast. This pledge includes 8 Kickstarter exclusives, including Candy cosplaying as Navasi and Cola cosplaying as Quig, along with heroes from the Pathfinder RPG Legacy Races. Also included is a gang of Space Goblin Zaperators. Customize your pledge with the added 12 Hero Slots, 6 Encounter Pack Slots, 2 Fleet Pack Slots, and 4 Creature Slots. Also all unlocked Freebies!
      Stretch Goals are items that unlock as the campaign reaches new heights. More options for heroes, encounter packs, creatures, and fleets will be revealed over time. There are three types of goals: Freebies, Optionals, and Social Media Stretch Goals.
      Freebies will be added to the Adventure Pledge and Campaign Pledge as soon as they unlock. Optionals will provide additional options to use on those Hero, Encounter Pack, Creature, and Fleet Slots. Social Media unlocks depend on the number of shares the following post receives on Paizo and Ninja Division’s Facebook pages.
      How the Starfinder Masterclass Miniatures Slot System Works
      To offer the most customizable pledge rewards possible we have developed the Kickstarter Slot System. There are 4 kinds of Slots: Hero, Encounter Pack, Creature, and Fleet. The Adventure and Campaign pledges come not only with specific models but several types of Slots to customize the pledge. Every item option has a Slot type and cost. Additional Slots beyond those in the Adventure and Campaign Pledge can be purchased for the cost listed in the Additional Slots section. As the campaign progresses and more stretch goals are unlocked the type of Slot and cost of each unlocked model will be listed in the appropriate section.
      Freebie Stretch goals add one free model or upgrade to the pledge. Additional models of that unlocked Freebie may be purchased as listed in the appropriate section.
      HEROES: Each Hero represents an individual pulled from the varied Starfinder races, character classes, and themes. These heroes double as playable characters and non-player characters, providing numerous options for players and gamemasters alike!
      ENCOUNTER PACK: Encounter Packs include a mix of creatures and hero-like characters that the heroes may encounter in their adventures. Each pack is designed to supply figures for a standard encounter. More ambitious adventurers may encounter larger groups so it never hurts to get multiples of each encounter pack!
    • By pcktlnt
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sodapopminiatures/rail-raiders-infinite

I skipped some of the other information. Stretch goal, game play, unlocks.

Chibis!

--- Edit ---
      Flipped the two posts as per Darsc's suggestion. :D
    • By EvilJames
      I haven't posted anything in a while now, but I have been painting quite a bit. Unfortunately I just haven't been able to get good pictures lately. I think it might be because I finished my hobby room now take pictures downstairs in the basement with less natural light. Sadly It means I had to abandon my dungeon setting for pictures and go to regular photo back grounds, But at least I now have a set up that works for taking pictures now. So I'll be playing catch up for  little while with posting some things I've gotten done lately.

So With out further ado, this was my Gencon MHE contest entry for this year, a Noh Empire squad. I actually got a bronze this year even though my group base was still really rough. I was super happy about that

Bronze! Like I said my group base was really rough and unfinished, but I don't think it counted against me since it was sort of optional anyway.

Marikan To was my first major attempt at lining. Mostly on her wraps and on her quiver. I think her skin needed more highlighting but I'm not really sure how to highlight smooth skin yet.

The Beastmaster I think turned out pretty good. I was very happy with the faces on his armor. His skin looks like it could use a touch more shade, but otherwise I'm happy.

The Hounds of Nozuki were a bit tricky since their fur had no detail I had to try and figure out how to make it look interesting (I had the same issue with Marikan To's hair). I think they turned out ok. I was getting a little burned out on the bases by the time I got to these guys.

Marikan To's bird companion. His base took the longest and he was just about the last figure I finished since I wasn't entirely sure how and where I wanted his coloration.
      Thanks for looking. Let me no if you have any comments, critiques or advice for next time. I'll post some other stuff I've finished tomorrow.
    • By odinsgrandson
      Ok, I’m a fan of the Final Fantasy series, and one of the things that I like to do is convert chibi minis into some of my favorite videogame characters.
      Naturally, one of my favorites is Auron from Final Fantasy X. He’s such a badass.
      I started out with the Goemon mini from Ninja All Stars (which is a fine mini in its own right). Everything that isn’t Goemon was made from green stuff. All together, I think he came out rather well.

• Who's Online   17 Members, 2 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)