SPM142006: Shattered Sword Paladins Paragon (Charging) [Speedpaint]

More experimentation with metallics. Here's the charging Shattered Sword Paladins Paragon:

post-7145-0-97728100-1410147346_thumb.jpg

post-7145-0-15504500-1410147349_thumb.jpg

post-7145-0-44766300-1410147351_thumb.jpg

post-7145-0-81413400-1410147353_thumb.jpg

post-7145-0-45180300-1410147356_thumb.jpg

post-7145-0-44272800-1410147358_thumb.jpg

post-7145-0-83988200-1410147360_thumb.jpg

post-7145-0-90881800-1410147362_thumb.jpg

He's much brighter in person...I couldn't get the lighting quite right today.

I'm still working on my TMM process. I started with a navy blue and glazed metallic blue on until the highlights were the same color as the undiluted paint. I did the same thing with the silver, but it didn't come out quite as good.

As always, C&C welcome!

• Like 14
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooo, that metallic blue is simply scrumptious!  :wub:  What is the brand/name of the paint you used?

I agree that the silver isn't as strong as the blue, but I couldn't possibly tell you what to do to make it pop stronger.  :down: Maybe a metallic white??? This is something I still need to play around with, so I'm not sure what would help.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1

I wouldn't say metallic white actually. Your blue is amazing, and shades nicely, but the silver is flat. To shade it you need to start with black and shade up to silver highlights. I start with pure black and mix in silver a bit at a time, until I get the effect desired. The brightest highlights are pure silver, or sometimes silver and pearl white, especially if I want it to look more like platinum. At least, that's how I've been doing it lately.

If you aren't adverse to watching videos, check out the Painting Clinic on youtube, he has a great video on shading silver. It really helped me with mine.

• Like 1

Thanks!

The blue is just Craftsmart Metallic Blue with lots of matte medium and water (glaze consistency).

I did the same with the silver, but that one must have had a significantly higher pigment density (because I did exactly the same thing: black base, glaze silver). You can see where it's a little darker on the sides of the shield...that's one coat.  <_<

Navarre's a pretty cool model. Comes with a helmeted and bare-headed option. He has so much detail, though. Tons of gilding on his armor. (That's why I didn't use him to practice my SSP color scheme on.)

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By odinsgrandson
      So I really like board games with cool minis. Two of the board games that I’ve spent the most time playing are Kingdom Death: Monster and Super Dungeon Explore! Both are great games with fantastic minis- although the tones each use could hardly be farther apart.  

The developers of these games know each other, and When both games went to Kickstarter, they took the opportunity to do a cool cross over. So means that we got a really cute chibi of the Twilight Knight.  

She makes a great mini, and I’d have been happy to leave it off there, but the fluff on her card implies that if those super cute Super Dungeon characters go into the Nether Rift in their seting, they end up in the brutal and bloody hell world of Kingdom Death.  

So I got to thinking about this, and decided that I really needed to expand on this idea of the cute little chibis on the Planes of Faces.  

Yes, these are all playable, and I'm going to continue to create Chibi versions of Kingdom Death monsters.  

• By odinsgrandson
      When Super Dungeon Explore first hit the scene, I almost immediately wanted to start making characters from some of my favorite 16 bit JRPGs.
      For some reason, my favorite characters in Final Fantasy 6 were always the least central ones, but the chances that Sodapop were going to make a suitable Mog or Umaro mini was pretty low.  So, when I saw that a local Blood Bowl commissioner had some Big Foot Minis for sale, I had to jump at the chance to make an Umaro.  I only had to adjust the hair a little and it was perfect.
      For Mog, I started out with a Giri creep from the Super Dungeon Goro set (I ended up with lots of extra Giri after the Forgotten King Kickstarter.
      Anyway, here they are:

• By Clearman
      This was an old Soda Pop miniature that I think I received as a promo.  It's been setting in a box for 10+ years as one of those models that was waiting for me to be "good enough".  He was a blast to paint, and I was kind of amazed at how well flesh tones worked for hair color.  Entry three of four at ReaperCon.

Comments and Critiques welcome.

• By odinsgrandson
      Ok, I’m a fan of the Final Fantasy series, and one of the things that I like to do is convert chibi minis into some of my favorite videogame characters.
      Naturally, one of my favorites is Auron from Final Fantasy X. He’s such a badass.
      I started out with the Goemon mini from Ninja All Stars (which is a fine mini in its own right). Everything that isn’t Goemon was made from green stuff. All together, I think he came out rather well.

• By odinsgrandson
      A while ago, Sodapop Miniatures released the Deeproot Scout- a character I think we can all agree had some inspiration in Nintendo's favorite elf.
      Naturally, my favorite incarnation of the Hero of Time to base him on (Link to the Past) as seen here  The hair is red (even pink) because I was working from the pixel art rather than the art in the book.
      More recently, Sodapop released a resculpt of the character- so I decided that the best thing to do would be to level him up a bit.  So here is my Deeproot Scout painted up as Link with Blue Male, the reforged Master Sword, red shield and boomerang.

• Who's Online   21 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)