Jump to content
  • Optionally enter a message with your report.

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By R2ED
      Got another one of these simple townsfolk done.  I find they make a great opening salvo for the weekend before getting rolling.  They are more or less my practice pieces to try a few things before getting going.  Here he is - the farmer and his hoe.
       

       
       
      BATTLE REPORT!
       
      Wins:
      *  Keeping the palette very simple:Brown, Orange, Cream, Flesh - worked well.
      *  Washes of Nuln oil on the shirt, pants, hood.  Looks good and helped dull the colors like work clothes.
      *  Used Agrax on the leggings and the shoes and the hoe to give a more dirty apperance.  
      *  I used a mix of buff and white streaks, then washed it with Agrax to give the wood appearance.  Not bad.
      *  Flesh was Rosy Shadow - why I used that color, I have no idea - and I did a fleshwash on it.  Then brought it back up with rosy shadow, then again did it with a little added buff.  
       
      Misses:
      *  I really want to learn how to wood grain.  I can't figure it out or do it well and need some help there.  
      *  I also am not a fan of this guy's skin.  I still don't get how to use the triads really well.  Or which skin tone to use for which kind of character.  It's why I like doing beasts or fantastical creatures because skin isn't really a concern.  Could use direction here if anyone is open.
      *  Didn't want to use metal colors, so I just did a black to white to grey fade on the working end of the hoe.  Meh.
      *  The highlights I went back in on the leggings, hood, and shirt are a bit much.  Almost look washed out.  Not sure what went wrong going back over the same areas with the colors after washing, but oh well.
       
      For basing this guy - open to ideas.  I'm thinking just a simple 1" base and nothing complicated.  I'll do whatever someone suggests first.  
       
    • By haldir
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/binithebunny/bini-the-bunnys-inspirational-rhyming-childrens-book/description
       
      Totally far from what most people on here would be interested but I became a fan of Bini & Shai due to our bunny, Thumper. Bini is amazing bunny, he can dunk a basketball (I do believe he is a World Record holder in that), he can play piano & is super smart! I watched a video where Shai puts up a closed bin of treats & Bini climbed up & used the wall to spring up to the spot where the bin was. I guess if he has a talent that we can relate to, he can paint!

       
      EDIT: FUNDED!!!
       
      Also, in a backer update, production & delivery of the book will be sooner then it says in the KS!!
       
       
    • By R2ED
      Got another one to submit, but still needs its base.  Mr. Monk here was a pretty fast shot.  I tried to keep colors as simple as possible (which may or may not have been left over colors from my owl bear I did) to just keep the paint moving.
       
      BATTLE REPORT!
       
      Wins:
      *  Used a flat flesh color with the simple Reikland Flesh shade wash.  Combo worked well, but dude looks a little...odd.  Will have to add more warmth next time.
      *  Brown hues and simplicity of the scheme helped.
      *  Really enjoying doing townsfolk because of the limited details I need to get into.  
      *  Hair felt much better this time.  Going with a dark brown, up to a mid brown, then highlight in the ridge of the hairline.  
      *  @Inarah I used your method on rope on his belt.  Worked!
       
      Opporunity:
      *  Playing with flesh tones and how to raise the contrast is very difficult for me.  Without making it look...fake.  I keep trying to find easier ways to do it, but I think it's just gotta invest to get the best results.
      *  Cape volumes didn't really pop.  I was hoping for more depth in the contrast, but it didn't show through and I wasn't willing to push it further after a few failed attempts.  
      *  Painting with bone white or ivory continue to plague me.  Multiple layers needed because of the chalky pigment density.  Anyone got a solve for this?
       
      For a base, I'm thinking of including some kind of cross or something behind him.  We'll see.  I found some pretty nifty little wood engraved sets at Dollar Tree (loving that place more and more these days) that will work perfect.  Speaking of which, I have a demon hunter I haven't based yet, that could use one of those, too. Hm...
    • By Samedi
      Finally varnished and ready for the table: Sepp, Brunhilde and Urs.
       
      I painted them up to kick off my Rangers of Shadow Deep Project. More infos and a bit of backstory can be found in this WIP.
       
      Those three are my first attempt at OSL. Luckily, I did not have to make this journey alone: I'd like to thank @Geoff Davis for a great class at RVU and an even better private lesson via zoom.
       
      Enjoy, C&C very welcome!
       


    • By Evilhalfling
      the polka dots took forever. 
      I am happier with how the face came out than the free-hand. 
       
       


  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...