Salvage Crew Humans & Road Kill Corpses

Teskal

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine (that must be some kind of record for quick Kickstarter fulfillment), with all figures there and quite intact. I'm short one standard issue plastic base, but that's a non-issue.

What baffles me is the inconsistent quality; some figs are super clean castings, while others have rather significant flash lines*. How did that happen, weren't these supposed to be all new molds?

* Footnote edit: Nowhere near CMON project levels bad, mind.

Edited by Arkady
  • Like 1

Confirmed that my figures arrived today, and everything is present and accounted for (and well packed).

I'm quite pleased with them and look forward to painting them up, though a couple of mine did have minor issues with mold lines (it seems to be less flash and more of a misalignment issue).  However, it's nothing a little file work won't clean up.

Also, some of the robots are much smaller than I expected (anywhere between shoulder-height to hip-height on the human figures).  The first few robot unlocks are much larger, though.

• Like 2

Okay, lock this one! (:

"My first kickstarter ended well and all rewards shipped to 240 customers within 45 days. Three customers did not pay and four customers pledged $1 for support. Rewards started shipping on November 3rd and finished on December 15th 2014. The basic pledge of $30 was for 20 human figures at 28mm scale (slot bases included) 
Each person received a stretch goal package of nine additional security drone figures consisting of 25 parts. 

Total parts per basic pledge (45 x 236 =10,620 parts) 
Road kill corpses (80 x 27 = 2,160 parts) 
Add-on security drone 101 (107 x 7 parts = 749 parts) 
Add-on security drone 102 (55 x 5 parts = 275 parts) 
Add-on security drone 103 (95 x 5 parts = 475 parts) 
Add-on additional Salvage Crews (16 x 20 = 320 parts) 

Grand total parts cast and shipped was 14,599"

...and a Spring 2015 teaser:

Dungeon-Decor-2a.jpg

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 1

Whoops -- one last update!

Spring 2015  (Dungeon Decor series II  KS)  Basic set of entirely new pieces, with stretch goals galore!   More piles of figures at cheap prices.  

Fall 2015  (Security Drones expansion KS)  additional torsos, legs, heads, arms, weaponry, and of course stretch goals.  

Summer 2015  (Salvage Crew Body Count)  Basic game  (free download) 

Throughout 2015,  Youtube videos of "How miniatures are made".  From beginning to end, starting with mold making and ending with mass production. 

EDIT: Found the old Dungeon Decor I catalog! Johnny says "There will be more chair designs, unusual furniture pieces, a lot of extremely small items to set on desks or tables of various medieval occupations and just a whole lot of bits and pieces to flush out your adventure." Can't wait! (: http://www.megaminis.com/MEGA/CATALOGS/MegaMinis-DUNGEONDECORcatalog.pdf

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 2

What baffles me is the inconsistent quality; some figs are super clean castings, while others have rather significant flash lines*. How did that happen, weren't these supposed to be all new molds?

New molds can flash, also.  While an old mold is more likely to flash than a new one, or to shift and cause noticeable and severe mold lines, any mold is capable of contributing to these artefacts.  In addition, the spin casting machine (if one was used) may contribute through small (<.1mm) misalignments and irregularities in the components. 

We have to regularly service and maintain our machines to realign parts that are sometimes stressed due to the high temperatures and speeds they are exposed to.  It is very easy to get a small misalignment that contributes to flashing and shift, and which is also occasionally hard to notice. Further, a <.1mm misalignment can be very difficult to correct, and in some cases it's easier to intentionally increase the misalignment and work back from a larger number, like .5mm or so than it is to try to shift a plate by that small an amount.