excellent work on the boar. You are off to a great start. I've painted many a mini with those Americana paints, but I won't say any of them came out so well as this.

• Like 1

Great work on the boar. Look forward to seeing more of your stuff. Also the Reaper Packaging team are like the rockstars of the shipping world. True story.

• Like 3

Nice work on the boar! (And if your avatar is a photo of you, nice work on the Rikku cosplay.) Welcome to your new addiction the forums!

• Like 5

Whalp, now I know what I'm telling my beau to get me for Christmas... :P You are SUPER lucky! 

That boar looks hella sweet all the way around (I love him in the top-view. DRAMATIC!) Absolutely A+ color choices. 

As I too have just begun my mini-journey, I'm exceptionally invested in watching your progress! :D 

• Like 5

Love your avatar.

Good looking boar, too! Fur looks verrah nize, and MonkeySloth is right, that's harder than you'd expect.

I also like the base on him; a lot of people tend to go overboard with the flock, but you've done some nice work in showing restraint. If you get some bases to put these minis on you can have a lot of fun with the environment, but it's good not to crowd the mini.

I do think his tongue is a bit bright...animal mouths tend not to be quite so RED, maybe more of a brown-red or even purply-brown would look more realistic. That said, the bright color does draw the eye to the face, which is usually what you want.

Cool stuff! Have fun and post more!

• Like 2

Nice work on the boar. That's some fine fur which isn't as easy as you'd suspect.

just 30?  :huh:

She meant 20.

Because goblin math.

The boar reminds me of the 'how to' for painting the giant rat in the original learn to paint kit, it looks good.

• Like 1

What a BOARing post! Excellent job and you'll definitely progress going through those minis! I think I'm on mini.... 20 or so. At any rate, can't wait to see what you accomplish! Make sure to post your barbarian girl because I've got a barbarianesque girl I'm painting up for my "Year of the Giants" diorama.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Inarah
      By Velrock on Thingiverse.  I used a lighter winter color scheme for the pack.  I know they look all cute and fluffy but they are really vicious hunters.  I did these three as part of my July 4th holiday weekend Paint Binge. 

I used a combination of Secret Weapon bases and base inserts. 
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/598293826/mythological-monsters-and-scenery-3d-printable-stl-miniatures?ref=discovery_category_newest

Story
      Hello and thank you for taking a look at this campaign! I'm a digital sculptor from Germany and this is my first 3D related campaign. I'm excited to share my models with you!
      Mythology has always had a special place in my heart and I wanted to make something that others can be a part of as well! 
      This Kickstarter provides a range of popular mythological beasts, scatter, props and scenery for you to print at home on your 3D printer. Use them for your tabletop gaming, in your dioramas or paint them - it's up to you!
        Why digital files and no physical goods? I'm still somewhat new to the whole miniature scene so I don't feel comfortable enough to offer physical objects yet. This is something that will definitely happen in the future, once I had the time to establish more contacts and can assure great quality.
      What will you get? You will receive .STL files of the miniatures and props listed below. Additionally, I will be sharing tips for printing the models and my workflow in a PDF for trouble-free printing, which might be useful if you're still new to 3D printing.
      Check, check and check!
      All files have been checked for issues and test printed on my LCD resin printer Everything is prescaled for uniformity Tips for optimal printing & personal workflow as PDF included   Commercial license? Want to sell copies of the models online or in your brick & mortar store? No problem! Just choose the 'Commercial License' reward tier and you're good to go! Please note that this license only allows the sale of physical copies.
        This campaign includes a collection of popular mythological beasts. All miniatures were sculpted with great attention to detail that translates well into your 3D printed models. All minis come with their own base that fit on a standard D&D dungeon map. 
      The miniatures are prescaled for easier use and uniformity. Most monsters are 'large' so they're scaled two fit into a 2"2" square. Of course you're free to rescale them to your needs! 
      Here's a list of the monsters you'll receive:
      Basilisk (large) Cerberus (large) Cockatrice (small) Cyclops (large) Fenrir (large) Hippocampus (large) Pegasus (large) Sphinx (large) Unicorn (large) Wyvern (large)  Photos of the printed miniatures can be found further down the page!
          This pre-prepared version of the wyvern allows you to print it BIG! It is sliced into 5 pieces and keyed for easy assembly! Prescaled to around 23 cm (ca.9 in), this wyvern is a real eyecatcher. 
        Photo of the printed, assembled and primed Wyvern The Wyvern was printed on an Anycubic Photon S It measures about 23 cm (ca. 9 in) in length
    • By MusicalFeline
      So, before I go any further, I am an absolute rookie in the mini painting world. So, uh, prepare for the worst.  

Anyways, here's a trio of Kobold leaders. Yeah, I know there's six of them, but one got lost and the other two need a good bit more work, so it's just these three for now.

As I said, I'm completely new to this hobby, so any friendly critiques are welcome!

KNOWN FAULTS:
      I missed a couple spots on the first kobold leader's face.
      And a few other random spots elsewhere on all three.
      All of their bases look nasty...
      I didn't do their eyes, as I want to get a bit more familiar with this before I try doing something like that.

• By Lidless Eye
      I've been waiting to post this until I have enough, but I've just been working on random pieces of scatter terrain in between other projects.

Any 3D printed parts are done on my Creality Ender 3.

Trees from EC3D

Trees from Dark Realms

Barrel, +3 Barrel of Sundering (Warhammer props)

Wood bundle, Alchemist's Table and Shelf from Vae Victis, I've honestly forgotten who the other designs were from.

"The beacons are lit!  Gondor calls for aid!"

Beacon Tower from RMPrintables

Lounge Chair from Impact! Miniatures, awning from Warhammer, weapon pile from The Hobbit, treasure piles from Reaper Miniatures.

Fantasy Objective Tokens by PhysUdo on Thingiverse.

Ogre Totem from Warhammer, Town Fountain 3D print from unknown, Alchemist's Wares & Firestick Bundle from Vae Victis, Sandbags by MegaBlox, one tree/odd plant is an old Marauder Giant club and the other is from a Gandalf action figure.

• By Choppertown
      Hi all, my first post was answered by such warm and supportive folks I decided to have a crack at the ol' orc from Reaper mini training set #1. The left eye took me 6 tries (and twice that many curses.)  Really enjoying this new hobby, first time I tried was back in 1983 and it was a disaster.  Maybe patience does come with age.  :)
      #separatedbutnotseparate

• Who's Online   31 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)