77052: Aina, Female Valkyrie

pcktlnt

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job pckt! I really like what you did with the back of the blue cloth there, nice blending and highlight. The base is really nice as well. I suggest a few more higher highlights to the hair in places the light would touch and just keep at it.  ^_^

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 1

It looks awesome.

I really like the way you painted the armor. It looks fantastic.

One thing that I do when I use cork in basing. cover the cork in zap a gap glue. Once it dries it gives the paint a hard surface to adhere to and it shouldn't absorb it.

Edited by Doramos
  • Like 1

• Artists

The blue cloth is lovely! 

You can also seal porous basing materials (wood is pretty bad for soaking stuff up, too) with gloss sealer or Folk Art Glass & Tile Medium. Once sealed, they require a lot less primer or paint to cover.

• Like 3

I did buy some reaper brush on primer for the metal mini I bought. That could work too.

I'll also usually add a drop of water to my primer, extends it a bit and gives it a little more coverage. 2-3 coats is usually good for that cork before you paint it.

The blue cloth is lovely! 

You can also seal porous basing materials (wood is pretty bad for soaking stuff up, too) with gloss sealer or Folk Art Glass & Tile Medium. Once sealed, they require a lot less primer or paint to cover.

Thank you. ^_^

I'll have to take a look at those later on, going to test out uber's suggestion with the watered down primer.

• Like 1