CAVSO KS Model-Faction-Task Distribution Spreadsheet

Widowmaker

**UPDATE**

• You now have the option of including or excluding locked stretch goals by selecting from a dropdown list.
  • When models have both an A or B designation, only one will be produced. Both versions  are now listed as available in the list. It is not a significant change yet  but this may be going somewhere in future versions of this spreadsheet.
  • Minor formula corrections and cosmetic changes.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

***Major Upgrade - Version 2.0***

• There are now 2 tabs on the workbook:
  • "Enter options to purchase here" - No significant changes.
  • "Force and Squad Construction" - is new and will allow you to select sample force groups via check box. The sheet will then tell you if you are purchasing enough of a given model to field that force group.
  • Multiple force groups can be selected at the same time.

Currently, only Girot's excellent example forces are included but I would like to add more and eventually add an option to allow user input directly on the form. I will need your help with  developing additional sample forces. Please post them here.

If you are finding the new functions useful, please leave feedback. Continued development of the new functions is time intensive so if I don't hear that it's useful I may scrap it.

**UPDATE**

Things are progressing toward  what I originally envisioned for this spreadsheet, a tool to make it easier for a n00b like myself to more easily understand Forces and be able to make an informed purchasing decision for the Kickstarter.

• Silverback added
  • New example Force added from Christopher Knudson as well as the massive Rach War Clan and the Terran 34th Legion put together by Girot.
  • You can now select multiples of any force via a spin button control just below the checkbox when you select a force. That means you can see if you have the models to field two or more identical forces. Sounds like an even fight to me.

I would love to add more sample forces to the sheet so send them if you've got 'em. You can post them here or tell me where I can find them. It would be easiest for me if you include a Force Name, Squad Name or type with model names and if you can include a short list of the total number of each model used across all squads in the force it would save me a lot of time.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the question. I have been following this KS since day one and I sometimes forget what others are going through when they first look at the main page.

There is really only one pledge level available and all add-ons are individual models (or pairs in the case of vehicles and aircraft) so it is really simple. If you look at the Front Page at the second long graphic titled "Core Force Reward," that is everything you get for the $100 base pledge. The third long graphic titled "Reward Options" is a list of each add-on and its price. It's as simple as that.

Alternatively, you can pledge at the $1 level and choose any add-ons you want and any individual models you like from the core without purchasing the whole core. Core models are $4 each (or $4 for a pair of vehicles or aircraft.)

If you are a backer, the Pledge Manager is probably the easiest way to see what you get for a given price and calculate your total cost. It's the big blue button near the top of the front page.

If you still prefer to use the spreadsheet to see a list of your planned purchase, you can:

Enter what you'd like to purchase on the first page in the green boxes.

Go to the second sheet and click the arrow on the orange chart next to "Owned."

Select "Sort Largest to Smallest"

It will list the models you have selected in order of how many you plan to purchase.

Hope that helps,

**Minor Update**

• Added more Example Forces from Tailspinner (one using infantry not available in the KS, another is a Merc Force)

I just noticed how large the file is getting with the new Force Construction page so I added a link to a Lite Version in the first post of this thread. It is the original version of the spreadsheet without the second page showing example forces. Should make downloading considerably faster for those who don't need the second page.

I would love more Merc Forces if you have examples. Hit me up if you have something to add.