Reaper Paint Swatch Poster with MSP, HD, HGB, & KS Paints (Rev 6)

MikeGolfJ3

I have made some major updates to the poster I reconstructed of the Reaper paint line.  I've added the Bones I & II KickStarter paints and the three (3) paints from the CAV KickStarter. If you have any comments, critiques or change ideas, please let me know and I'll work on getting them incorporated.

Attached in PDF format are the coloring grouped by color family (as best I can align them) and all the current and known future paints in numerical order.  If you desire the PowerPoint files, PM me and I'll get them to you.

Cheers & Enjoy,

MikeGolfJ3

Reaper Paint Swatch Poster with MSP, HD, HGB, & KS Paints (Rev 6 (09.11.2014 Color Family)).pdf

Reaper Paint Swatch Poster with MSP, HD, HGB, & KS Paints (Rev 6 (Numeric Order)).pdf

• Like 15

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These are FANTASTIC!! Thanks for doing this, these swatch charts will be incredibly helpful!

Now I just need to print them off on a color printer so I can check off what I already have, and what colors areas I need to focus future paint purchases on!

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 3

Those are really nice. I really like the "family pairings" and would love manufacturers would do that as well.

I am thinking it would be even better if, those using those, would print them out and then, when getting a paint pot, use some primer on the square (like gesso) and paint a few thin coats on it. Real life paints vs the ability to reproduce color by screens or printers can show quite a bit of difference.

• Like 3

I remember last year's paint swatch, and I had to manually identify which colors were from the Bones 1 collection to figure out which major color groups I was missing.

Thanks for the update!

Didn't realize that Solid White/Black were new colors. What are their characteristics compared to Pure White/Black? Simple HD formulation so more coverage?

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 2

Love it -- thanks for doing this for us. Now if I could get a poster version for my wall :)

If you can find a printer that can print in 11x17 it makes for a nice sized wall hanging.

I remember last year's paint swatch, and I had to manually identify which colors were from the Bones 1 collection to figure out which major color groups I was missing.

Thanks for the update!

Didn't realize that Solid White/Black were new colors. What are their characteristics compared to Pure White/Black? Simple HD formulation so more coverage?

Yup, I had to make a distinction since the KickStarter colors were not in my collection and I would not look for them on the rack.

I am just speculating here, but I would believe it has the HD formula. I really like having the different formulas with the coverage of the HD and blendability of the MSP.

Those are really nice. I really like the "family pairings" and would love manufacturers would do that as well.

I am thinking it would be even better if, those using those, would print them out and then, when getting a paint pot, use some primer on the square (like gesso) and paint a few thin coats on it. Real life paints vs the ability to reproduce color by screens or printers can show quite a bit of difference.

I think about this but I already went crazy on paint rack...

post-7644-0-95488900-1410622986_thumb.jpg

Edited by ladystorm
  • Like 5

I wish I ad the room or wall space for a rack like that. My paints sit in the plastic cases other than the ones being used currently which move to a pistol case to keep handy.

Love the new chart as much as the old. All I see missing (and I would expect this) are the limited holidays / reapercon / special event colors. Perhaps someone at Reaper would be nice enough to send you graphics for these to make the chart even more complete?

And perhaps a way to show what ones make up a color triad? But that's nitpicking an incredible job that you did here!

Edited by ladystorm
  • Like 3

Love the new chart as much as the old. All I see missing (and I would expect this) are the limited holidays / reapercon / special event colors. Perhaps someone at Reaper would be nice enough to send you graphics for these to make the chart even more complete?

Thanks, Harrek!  I would be happy to add them if someone can provide the graphics.

And perhaps a way to show what ones make up a color triad? But that's nitpicking an incredible job that you did here!

I'll keep that in mind.  I may be laid up for a while if I have to have surgery, so I may just have time to do that one.