Random Challenge 3: the Obligatory Post-Sequel Prequel

Froggy the Great

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The game has its points.  And some promise.  But it's totally designed to do one of two things:

Eat your life.

Eat your money.

Pick one.

I'd rather put both into minis.  I mean... legitimately, if you paid for the stuff you need to be optimal and unlock stuff in a timely fashion this works out to like a $500 game.

I'm not paying that, and I'm not going to be cannon fodder for overprivileged preteens. 

• Like 8

@NZ - hope everything turns out ok.

@Mad Jack - congrats on being post #10000

As far as the online gaming community goes, yeah it sucks to have to deal with 'kids' online. Unfortunately my gut tells me it's not just kids. It's the 18-35 demographic that also starts flame wars on chat boards and overall acts like twits due to the benefit of anonymity.

It makes me really appreciate how nice 99.99% of the people on these boards are.

• Like 6

This is absurd, they JUST took him in for CT scan....I'll need a mild tranquilizer when I get home...

I wandered into a hospital ( this was several years ago ) with a very painful hernia and it took them 9 and a half hours to figure out (confirm) that:

a) I really did have a hernia.

b) It needed to be fixed with surgery.

Which was what I was telling them within the first twenty minutes after arrival...so yeah, been there, done that.

• Like 3

The game has its points.  And some promise.  But it's totally designed to do one of two things:

Eat your life.

Eat your money.

Pick one.

I'd rather put both into minis.  I mean... legitimately, if you paid for the stuff you need to be optimal and unlock stuff in a timely fashion this works out to like a $500 game.

I'm not paying that, and I'm not going to be cannon fodder for overprivileged preteens. 

Thank you for the warning scout goblin.

• Like 2

Am presently at a science fiction convention in exotic suburban Lombard, Illinois.

Travel yesterday was a bit rough, and I am afraid I rather distressed my family getting urpy. But all is well now, and we have breakfasted at the kids' favorite place (red velvet french toast) and I am feeling close to human again.

Our youngest is finally old enough to have a personal key to the room and the freedom to roam within reason, and is pretty thrilled. College kid is with us too, furiously working on homework before the day starts in earnest. Various costume bits have been laid out for this afternoon. This is also one of our better Christmas gift shopping opportunitites, since it brings together in one place so many things our immediate family members are into.

May not be my normally active self on the boards today. :)

• Like 9

Am presently at a science fiction convention in exotic suburban Lombard, Illinois.

Travel yesterday was a bit rough, and I am afraid I rather distressed my family getting urpy. But all is well now, and we have breakfasted at the kids' favorite place (red velvet french toast) and I am feeling close to human again.

Our youngest is finally old enough to have a personal key to the room and the freedom to roam within reason, and is pretty thrilled. College kid is with us too, furiously working on homework before the day starts in earnest. Various costume bits have been laid out for this afternoon. This is also one of our better Christmas gift shopping opportunitites, since it brings together in one place so many things our immediate family members are into.

May not be my normally active self on the boards today. :)

Don't forget my Christmas gift! :)

• Like 3

Just waitin' on that clinic to open in another hour or so . . . gonna get me some meds, yo . . . maybe cut down on some of this nasty, colored, discharge from my sinuses . . . maybe . . . maybe . . . .

Hope everyone's having more fun than me, today, and that NZ and anyone else with bigger fish to fry than I are getting them cooked in short order.

Solidarity, peeps.

• Like 2

I don't know where you roll ad20 for shots but I wanna go there /already had 48oz of beer

The Stormcrow Tavern, obviously. :;): If you roll a natural 20 you get a super-special, double-sized concoction in a collectible shot glass. ::D:

Yeah, that typically leads to a morning of awkward questions and sideways glances.

It's not a walk of shame, it's a stride of pride.

• Like 3

Just waitin' on that clinic to open in another hour or so . . . gonna get me some meds, yo . . . maybe cut down on some of this nasty, colored, discharge from my sinuses . . . maybe . . . maybe . . . .

Hope everyone's having more fun than me, today, and that NZ and anyone else with bigger fish to fry than I are getting them cooked in short order.

Solidarity, peeps.

I'd be tempted to sit in the carpark and connect to the forum while I waited if there was wifi. (On the bright [?] side, it sounds like you have something anti-biotics might work on.. ...if green  :zombie: is involved).

But if they give you anti-biotics take every last pill.

If you don't you will wind up breeding a stronger strand of this bug inside your own body.

Bacteria are plants. Think of them as weeds. Anti-biotics are like herbicides. What happens with weeds is if you don't keep applying the herbicide until every last plant (weed) is dead there will be a few left. The few survivors will come back (in the neighbour's field if not yours) and all their descendants can tolerate the herbicide.

Same thing with a 'bug'. If you take the first six doses, you get better, your immune system finally gets in gear, and suppresses the bacterium. But since you feel better, you stop taking the anti-biotic: there will be some survivors. (Your immune system will keep them suppressed, you will be "immune", but it is not necessarily a 100% kill.) But those few residual survivors are all clones of 'bugs' that can survive six days of that anti-biotic. The next person that gets the 'bug' from you will be treated to a tougher 'bug'. And so on, one human transmission to the next, until finally that anti-biotic is retired because everything is proof against it.

• Like 4

I was playing World of Tanks on my xbox 360 earlier, and all set to reverse my negative position on freemium games.

Then school let out.

Well, at least the POS didn't cost me any money.

My husband plays that on our xbox360 almost every night.

My husband is also a cheap skate, so he doesn't pay a dime, and generally does quite well. But he does play the game a lot. But then again he needs something to do while I work all the time. I'm making small progress on convincing him to build, prep or paint my minis.

Edited by Thes Hunter
  • Like 4

Very sorry I haven't been in to look at peoples work as that is something I greatly enjoy. However this last week has been a disaster and it's likely I won't be in for another week. It's annoying when real life cuts into hobby time and to be honest it puts me in the most foul of moods. 

Have a good week Reaper peeps!

• Like 4