Minion Miniatures Kickstarter has Launched!!

MonkeySloth

<<<MOD>>>

Threads have been merged and project is now live. Link is below:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1629942774/minion-miniatures

<<<MOD>>>

Surprise to see there hasn't been a thread for this yet. Absolutely love the goblins this guy is making, they're the best things to happen to goblins after Buglips and Rackham, and am looking forward to giving him some money.

4b95413100fa5daa85890ebb134830d2.jpg

More pics in the spoiler

1ad6af6ec68d0b84ab429f7e9368ae36.jpg

1689bd492f284450cc281211cfb5ea09.jpg

c6f405fec84f25746718912b43914911.jpg

The units will be plastic sprues made by the same company that make the Perry Bro's stuff (so manufactured in Britain I believe and not china) and I believe the solos are metal.

There's a lot more here (this isn't a store website, just one to show KS images and some pledge levels) http://prefundia.com/projects/view/minion-miniatures-30mm-plastic-fantasy-miniatures-goblins-and-zombies/2241/

• Like 5

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks kinda interesting. I like that the goblins have a different and unique look to them.

Plus Renendra has a very good reputation. I've several sprues of minis they've done for Mantic.

And that would be a concern for me, manufacturing delays.

Renendra tends to be heavily booked with projects and I'd be concerned the project creators would be able to book a timely work schedule with them should the KS be successful and new stretch goals and races like the Lizardmen mean additional sprues need to be created and produced.

Well we don't know when delivery times are, those haven't been stated, but I think Renendra is only doing the units and the rest will be metal and resin so that would be on a different manufacturer maybe?  But this is always a concern.

As for the designs, it was hard for me to not load up the page with goblin goodness as I love them--they're 22mm as well--which is why I linked to the Prefundia.

I understand that they'll need to sell a large number of their plastic sprues to make up the mold costs and are obviously trying to design their kickstarter to do that, but I have to agree I'm not looking for armies to collect anymore.

I'm more interested in smaller skirmish level games or even just a few characterful and unique minis for RPG use.

• Like 4

I've been semi-following this one too; it certainly looks pretty interesting. As others have said, though, quite geared towards buidling armies if you look at the pledge levels; I'd be interested in 6, or maybe 12 of those goblins, but not 72. Still, I see they will have a £1 add-on level as well, which might be pretty tempting. I could see myself getting maybe that flesh golem.

And damn that's a big bugbear!

• Like 3

I'd like to grab like 24 - enough of the buggers for the dozen-odd I'll break trying to figure it out... O-O*

I wonder what the starter set's going to look like. I like the looks of some of those add-ons...

edit: found it. 120$? maybe not... :( Damn you, British Pound! Curse you, exchange rates! *shakes fist at sky*

• Like 3

Well we don't know when delivery times are, those haven't been stated, but I think Renendra is only doing the units and the rest will be metal and resin so that would be on a different manufacturer maybe?  But this is always a concern.

As for the designs, it was hard for me to not load up the page with goblin goodness as I love them--they're 22mm as well--which is why I linked to the Prefundia.

I like the minis, but talk of manufacturing delays and a history of delayed fulfillment scares me considering my experience with a few KS projects now.