What kind of camera should I be looking for?

Nymerias

Dearest Reaper Community,

I would like to start taking better photos of my work but I'm not quite sure where to start.  I found the sticky for the DIY light tent and am excited to try it out but I don't really have a good camera for taking close up pictures of small things.  I also don't know what to look for to find a camera that does.  I just know my really old cheap camera takes terrible shots of the minis I have painted.  I am wondering if you can give any suggestions on vocab, keywords, specs, etc I should be looking for when trying to find a better camera.  I would also not be looking for anything professional, just a low end camera to take hobby level pictures.  

Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What Doug said about phones: second that. FREX:

tbvm.jpg

The picture above was snapped with an iPhone5. Those are an inexpensive option right now since the i6 has just been released.

There are a few more photos like this one in a thread about the last Reapercon: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/54680-reapercon-photos-hosted-at-imageshack/#entry867380

• Like 2