So here we go again. Another WIP Let's see if I can keep up with it as well, or better than the last one.

here he is lined, and cloak done in Dark Elf Flesh.post-8132-0-47152600-1410638706.jpg

and to prove I really am bad for stopping in between, Here is his tabbard, mostly done, and looking far smoother than I would have thought I could manage. 1/1 mix of carnage red and oiled leather for the base, brought up with palomino gold, and down with a bit of leather brown

post-8132-0-42202700-1410638820.jpg

Edited by ShadowRaven
  • Like 15

Well, more progress today, in spite of computer problems. I added a bit more of a highlight to the folds on his tabbard, and did some shadows on the cloak. I also did some oiled leather and blackened brown to do some of the other bits and bobs with a base coat 

post-8132-0-78150700-1410996320.jpgpost-8132-0-56880400-1410996333.jpg

the highlight was a bit of a brighter yellow, glazed over again with carnage red. The cloaks shadows, I began with nightshade purple, and then a mix of dark elf skin and imperial purple, to keep some colour in the shadows. I haven't glazed it because of the lack of highlights

• Like 5

got some more work on him last night, but not as many pictures as I hoped, as some ended up rather fuzzy. He doesn't look near so much like a racoon now.

post-8132-0-41417700-1411504276.jpg

Also, every good ranger needs a friend, so I started on 14453 Elven Hunting Cat to go with him.

post-8132-0-47979700-1411504345_thumb.jpgpost-8132-0-61082000-1411504348.jpg

My inspiration for the cat was, obviously part tiger, and the rest was a bit of snow leopard. Stripes on fur are hard to get right, as my next pictures will probably show better, I spent a lot of time this afternoon glazing and repainting and reglazing, but I am happy with the eyes.

Edited by ShadowRaven
  • Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, now that my Perils of the Underworld diorama is built, I'll post here the detailed steps of my paintings sessions. The Work in progress of the display base can be found HERE.

Let’s start the painting section with a hack to save time. When I paint a large surface, typically a terrain piece, I apply paint straight on the surface and spread it with a large brush. It’s way faster, since I don’t have to go back to the palette each time to reload the brush bristles. Here I’m using a #8 flat brush.

As a base coat for the display I used 09660 powderburn brown.

I filled the gaps and hard to reach areas with a #1 brush. At this step, I’m using old brushes as it doesn’t matter if the bristles are sharp or not.

I then applied a dry brush of 09028 muddy brown all over the base.

I dry brushed of 09028 muddy brown on the upper part of the 03602 stone lurker and started painting the bat as well. The bat is from the 02018, Familiar Pack I. I used the same colors on the bat's perch that those I used on the display base. I painted the bat body in 29843 solid black.

Next, I started layering the bat wings with military grey (this out of production color can be substituted by 09438 tempest grey).

Here’s the picture I referred to for the bat wing colors.

For the bat fur, I used 09059 aged bone and the fingers were painted with a mix of 29839 maroon red and 09059 aged bone.

Even if it will be impossible to see the back side of the bat when it would be attached to the display base, I painted it anyway.

17mm wingspan ready to take off. I applied a 29822 suntan flesh highlight on the stalactite, then a mix of 29822 suntan flesh and 09059 aged bone for the final highlights.

Here’s the back side completed with a final 29822 suntan flesh highlight.

Here you go, that’s it for today. Spread your wings and go explore the Underworld.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, today is a Pathfinder day. I did my best to paint it as faithfully as possible respecting the original artwork colors. This is the metal version 60136, Aglanda the herald of Razmir sculpted by Bobby Jackson. It's also available in Bones plastic under sku: 89040.

• By Paintfully_aware
      Hello again people, I am still working on this boxed set of Innocent bystanders.
      Here we have the maid and some little people, the bug eyed baby is about half the size of my little finger nail. So until i get a magnification solution, will stay a little bit pop eye.
      I tried my best little fella =)

• By Paintfully_aware
      Hi there, first post here from me. I am fairly new to the hobby, and have been painting for exactly one year now.
      I am working on the Kullhaven box set so i have characters to rescue in RPG's, the sculpts are great and the faces are full of character.
      I know my photography leaves a lot to be desired, but I am working on it. =)
      The farmer

Blacksmith

Beggar

And the Strumpet, which is just a fantastic word if nothing else.

Please feel free to share any tips or tricks, I am still very much a beginner.  But I am keen to learn.
    • By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, I'm updating this post with more pictures I took of the Irontongue Duergar Squad I completed recently.

The enlaged ones, side by side.

From left to right on the first picture; 03883 Dark Dwarf Irontongue Priest, 03899 Dark Dwarf Smiter, 03898 Dark Dwarf Pounder, 03892 Dark Dwarf Striker.
      All four Dark Heaven Legends models were sculpted by Bobby Jackson.

• Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 46 Guests (See full list)