Sign in to follow this  
Coleford

77037: Medusa

This model really lends itself well to the Bones Material because the whole thing has a heck of a lot of texture, especially the abs and the tail. Great fun to paint, and real easy.

Link (Because of the Nudity)
http://i.imgur.com/P67STlX.jpg

Edited by Coleford
  • Like 22

I like the coloring on the scale. Is that a black mix?

On the tail, it was based Reaper Stone Grey, washed with a mix50/50 of GW Agarax Earth Shade and GW... Green... Wash... One (not at my desk right now), and then dry brushed with GW Denheb Stone.

I've just began experimenting with actually thinning my paints and mixing to make washes and layers and what not.

• Like 1

VERY NICELY DONE! Your color choices are TERRIFIC; that, combined with some FINE brushwork, made the mini a disturbingly lovely creation.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By HolkDiggity
      Another ReaperCon entry, and I'm pretty happy about how this one turned out! I wanted to pick up a Freeblades faction, and I went with Wood Elves, since my Frostgrave army is Dwarven. (Balance in all things!)

The mini is from DGS Games, the paints are from Reaper, the base and pigments are from Secret Weapon, and the tufts are from Shadow's Edge.

• By lazarp
      I painted this fellow as a Hobgoblin, I like his blue nose  Thanks for looking!

• By lazarp
      So this is the test figure for my orc warband for frostgrave and mordhein (WIP thread here)

I like the palette so far and I'm happy how this guy turned out. I will post other minis as I paint them. Cheers! 

• By stormbreach
      Here is the snake man warrior I finished a few weeks back.  I was having issues with the yellow belly since the paint was very chalky but I did what I could.  I am happy with the shading and tiny reflection on the gem on his bracer, it was my first time doing that, even though it's basically invisible from 3 feet away.  Let me know what you think!

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening everybody!
      So have been doing lately a lot of classic Julie Guthrie from her Partha days and the last one I've finished is what is currently listed as an Archer, but that previously came in a set of three Rangers in her Partha Line "All Things Dark and Dangerous".

Being he's these days called an archer, I kind of deviated from the typical browns and greens as I kind of wanted some deeper, darker colors. I started off with his lavender shirt and then just kept going with different plums and purples. So he's not too nature-like but he's maybe a moon or night ranger.

Anyway, hope you enjoy him!

and here's that image he originally came from back in the eighties.  I've got the two guys done, I'm working now on the gal with the staff, hope to have her done before Memorial day is over:

• Who's Online   15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 130 Guests (See full list)