[SPLIT] Bones 2 Update 9.12.14 conversation

Dontfear

If I remember correctly, they can produce a five headed dragon; they can produce a mini "called" Tiamat (mesopotamian deity); but they *cannot* p

If Reaper made a gargantuan, five-headed dragon in Bones they could call it Sally and I'd still buy it in a heartbeat.

A sleek design would be nice (unlike the bulky one by Partha). And after reading your post I think the name really should be Sally. :)    

Oh well if they don't call it Sally I can always call it that myself. xD

• Like 1

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Silly question, possibly, but I have to ask: I see that there are still spots available on Bones Kickstarter 2 to hop on board. If I grab one of those, will I count toward the shipping estimate of the group I buy into (i.e. wave 8 has almost 2000 spots left). I see that I still have an option to purchase, and fulfill the pledge total that I add to my order, but I just wanted to make sure beforehand. Sorry if this was already covered--I never have luck with the search function despite all my tries!

Silly question, possibly, but I have to ask: I see that there are still spots available on Bones Kickstarter 2 to hop on board. If I grab one of those, will I count toward the shipping estimate of the group I buy into (i.e. wave 8 has almost 2000 spots left). I see that I still have an option to purchase, and fulfill the pledge total that I add to my order, but I just wanted to make sure beforehand. Sorry if this was already covered--I never have luck with the search function despite all my tries!

I don't know if it's still ok to order. I do know if you can order the core pledge is 150.00 and it will be at least shipping wave 10. I'd hold off til a mod pops on

If you have a Paid Kickstarter Pledge - if you pledged during the project, anything you add now will be added to that Wave.

If you're talking about placing a new order that is not associated with an e-mail address that has a Kickstarter pledge, then you're automatically Wave 10.

I know we had discussed closing the ability for new sign-ups, and to be completely honest cannot recall if we had shut it off yet or not.

The Kickstarter is closed so all wave 9 and earlier are closed. Because there are a few backers who have not finalized their pledges Reaper's pledge manager is open. Creating an account and ordering now will put you in wave 10 and there is a price increase of 25-50%. Reaper would prefer people to not use the pledge manager in this manner and that folks ordered through their FLGS but they won't ban the practice outright.

Thanks for the details! I ask because I wasn't able to afford either Kickstarter at the time of release, but recently found the means. I saw that I am able to order for the aforementioned mark-up, which is still a more-than-fair price. I guess I just really want the experience of the Kickstarter  :;,;:

• Like 1

If you have a Paid Kickstarter Pledge - if you pledged during the project, anything you add now will be added to that Wave.

If you're talking about placing a new order that is not associad with an e-mail address that has a Kickstarter pledge, then you're automatically Wave 10.

I know we had discussed closing the ability for new sign-ups, and to be completely honest cannot recall if we had shut it off yet or not.

I pledged with one email account and then later went in with another email address and got some other things. So I am presuming my second order will be Wave 10. Having the same shipping name/address would be the only thing linking to the two orders.

Using CthulhuDarren's example: We're just flat not going through the database of over 14,000 entries to find duplicate names and try to match that to the addresses. We'd be opening ourselves up to so many data errors I don't even want to talk about it anymore.

However, IF You have done this - send an e-mail to [email protected] and I am told that there is a way to link the two accounts.  I am told that it is not simple, and requires some database jiggery-pokery, but it is doable.

Using CthulhuDarren's example: We're just flat not going through the database of over 14,000 entries to find duplicate names and try to match that to the addresses. We'd be opening ourselves up to so many data errors I don't even want to talk about it anymore.

However, IF You have done this - send an e-mail to [email protected] and I am told that there is a way to link the two accounts.  I am told that it is not simple, and requires some database jiggery-pokery, but it is doable.

And this is why Reaper should win the Customer Service Award each and every year.

• Like 6

Thank you, I will do this.

Do you want us to do this if we don't really mind?  I've done exactly this - pledged twice, with a different email address, for complicated tax reasons.  I can't think of any reason this would matter to you, but if it'll make your life easier to link the two pledges then I'll happily do it.

I suspect it'll be easier for you if you don't have to worry about it however : )

• Like 1

Do you want us to do this if we don't really mind?  I've done exactly this - pledged twice, with a different email address, for complicated tax reasons.  I can't think of any reason this would matter to you, but if it'll make your life easier to link the two pledges then I'll happily do it.

I suspect it'll be easier for you if you don't have to worry about it however : )

Somehow, I suspect you're right.

• Like 2

Somehow, I suspect you're right.

I'm trying to decide if Reaper is trying for #1 in customer service in any industry or if they are just masochists. I can understand how this would be a big deal for international backers but it seems like more of a headache for everyone than just waiting for your second shipment. Besides... 2 shipments 2x the excitement!

Then again you may have to appease you mail carrier more often if you do 2 large shipments. We buy online so often these days that I buy our letter carrier a coffee gift card every few months especially when we're expecting a large shipment. I sure has made him less grumpy about having to get out of the truck to bring my packages to the door!

• Like 3