Figone - Figopedia (Indiegogo)

ub3r_n3rd

Yeah, one of the most fun parts of learning more about the technical aspects of painting is understanding just how amazing some people are :)

I've skimmed the book and I'm working on a more thorough reading currently (devouring might be an appropriate word). I'd say there is nothing new or ground-breaking presented here. The most important aspect is that it's stuff I've picked up over the last three or four years of reading and talking about painting (and I've been pretty rabid in researching stuff!), bound into a single volume. That's pretty awesome.

• Like 3

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. Looked it over and mine is near mint. Guess the Postal Gods favored me. A few small indentures where the minis were placed but you can't see them except under direct light where the cover becomes very glossy.

Minis are perfectly fine too.

Really interested in the first half, lighting, as I feel that's where I'm weakest and the most inconsistent. I get good contrast now days but I'm guessing half the time where the highlights and shades should really go.

• Like 1

I received my book last week (it being Monday over here in Europe already). A few small indentations on the front cover (which you have to angle it just right for the light to catch them to really see them).

I've ordered from Jérémie/Figone before and haven't had any issues with packaging those other times. I think this simply had more to do with sheer volume of packages going out than not wanting to package things properly. It still sucks for those who have received damaged books/minis, though!

By reading through this thread I've also discovered that I need to email Cursed Monkeys to sign up for the second edition/reprint of their modelling book, which I had no idea existed. ::D:

I also got Angel Giraldez' book (which I'm not disappointed in, I think I was expecting pretty much what was in it, so two wholly different books).

Now all I have to do is get my head back in order, so I can actually concentrate on reading the damn things. :blink:

• Like 1

I received my book last week (it being Monday over here in Europe already). A few small indentations on the front cover (which you have to angle it just right for the light to catch them to really see them).

I've ordered from Jérémie/Figone before and haven't had any issues with packaging those other times. I think this simply had more to do with sheer volume of packages going out than not wanting to package things properly. It still sucks for those who have received damaged books/minis, though!

By reading through this thread I've also discovered that I need to email Cursed Monkeys to sign up for the second edition/reprint of their modelling book, which I had no idea existed. ::D:

I also got Angel Giraldez' book (which I'm not disappointed in, I think I was expecting pretty much what was in it, so two wholly different books).

Now all I have to do is get my head back in order, so I can actually concentrate on reading the damn things. :blink:

The cursed monkey book is forsale at tinyleads as the English second printing already happened.

• Like 1

All books should be shipped, according to the email I just received from Figone.

Yup, just got the same email. There's even a YouTube (search "Figopedia") video from Paint or die miniatures that quickly flips through most of the book to show the contents.

Looks like they're going to retail now.