Hi all, so today is my official first day of a two week long vacation. Where my wife works she has to take every year two weeks straight and I'm more than happy to accompany her in those two weeks of non-work, AKA vacation.

My wife's sister and a friend have come to visit this year and we're going to spend five days in Estes Park but the rest of the time we'll be home, so I'm also going to try to get as much painting done as possible, mostly before everybody wakes up or when the ladies go shopping.

One of the things that happened was our spare room is being used, where I normally paint, so I've been sent to the dungeon otherwise known as the basement, unfinished and with only one electrical outlet.

post-1758-0-33683000-1410808587_thumb.jpg

Edited by 72moonglum
  • Like 4

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I think I've got the base colors for the pelt and the hair/mane, and I'll work on the face and legs (base of volcano brown) after I get the rest figured out.

I thought too just for snots and goggles I'd throw out the old Monster Manual photo of the ki-rin.  Colorwise I'm trying to kind of stick with their description:

"The coat of the ki-rin is luminous gold, much as a sunrise on a clear day.  Its mane and tail are darker gold.  Its horn and hooves are golden pink.  Its eyes are violet."

Not exactly sure what golden pink looks like, but I'm sure I'll figure something out....

I'm letting all this base coat dry, going to go shopping for a tad, then will hopefully come back to work on this some more.

post-1758-0-94977600-1410893096_thumb.jpg

post-1758-0-63925500-1410893103_thumb.jpg

Edited by 72moonglum
  • Like 7

And here's my sweet little mage.  Got most of her main clothing done, with that blush pink as a base, then cloud pink, deep amethyst, then regal purple and I think I did a little bit of dark elf shadow.  Then straight from the blush pink up to white with a few intermittent layers.  I'm still taking the photos with my iPhone, but I really hate typing on that itty bitty screen, so editing them on the desk top.

post-1758-0-09383500-1410893172_thumb.jpg

Edited by 72moonglum
  • Like 7

Looking fantastic!

In the Basement Moonglum72 did a mighty pleasuredom Build !

Maketh thee a ManCave !

When I left work I was offered my computer desk for $10.00 !

I took it, and it now is my miniature painting desk.  Best exchange of cash I ever did.

I admire your use of Orange and yellow... my two most difficult colors to utilize.

Great Job !

I love my original nerd cave, it's our guest bedroom, so this is only temporary.  The only really good thing about my nerd cave being transplanted into the basement is it's so quiet down there.  Plus the fact that virtually all my unpainted miniatures are down there.

Yeah, this orange has been challenging, mostly just trying to get it to cover decently.

Edited by 72moonglum
  • Like 2

So just got back from five really nice days in Estes Park.  Drove ten hours or so home yesterday, got to bed last night at around 12.30 and lo and behold if I wasn't already awake again at 5.30 wanting to paint. I'm sure I'll pay for it later today but such is life, at least I've still got a few more vacation days left to enjoy.

So just started adding washes and such to the ki-rin, and trying to tie all the colors together.  We'll see how it goes.  As far as my little mage, any random thoughts out there for boot and bracer colors?

post-1758-0-27084300-1411479883_thumb.jpg

post-1758-0-38349200-1411479895_thumb.jpg

Edited by 72moonglum
  • Like 8

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.