prophetic_joe

Backdrops

Awesome, thanks. I'll go with the huge one then. Soon next bonus check. They have Raphael extra fine points for a nice price. Ima need some of those too. It's hard to find the extra fine points.

• Like 5

wow those look really good Cash. I may have to try that out.

• Like 2

Figured I may as well put this here, since apparently I didn't do too badly on it...

My ghetto-fabulous new large backdrop...

I needed something larger than my usual mini backdrop in order to take picks of some larger non-mini stuff.

So I took a piece of poster board and went outside with my spray cans of black and white primer. I started off by hitting it with a solid coat of both cans at the same time, then because it was still a bit dark I held the white can at about a thirty-degree angle and some distance away from the poster board and went quickly back and forth across it, letting the primer sort of roll across the paper as a mist rather than hitting it directly in a small spot...

I then alternated between the two colors hitting various spots that were too dark or too light with short puffs at an angle and from a distance to even it out.

Then I hit it with matte sealer.

It's a tiny bit grainy in the really close-up shots, but not too bad for cheap...

Zgqmgk.jpg

GnkDg4.jpg

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 5

Figured I may as well put this here, since apparently I didn't do too badly on it...

My ghetto-fabulous new large backdrop...

I needed something larger than my usual mini backdrop in order to take picks of some larger non-mini stuff.

So I took a piece of poster board and went outside with my spray cans of black and white primer. I started off by hitting it with a solid coat of both cans at the same time, then because it was still a bit dark I held the white can at about a thirty-degree angle and some distance away from the poster board and went quickly back and forth across it, letting the primer sort of roll across the paper as a mist rather than hitting it directly in a small spot...

I then alternated between the two colors hitting various spots that were too dark or too light with short puffs at an angle and from a distance to even it out.

Then I hit it with matte sealer.

It's a tiny bit grainy in the really close-up shots, but not too bad for cheap...

Zgqmgk.jpg

GnkDg4.jpg

Nice!