Sign in to follow this  
ub3r_n3rd

WIP Evil Female Tiefling Summoner

Here's my latest WIP, I've been working on her off and on for a couple of days and today I got a chance to get some more work done on her.

This is my new character for my Pathfinder game, her name is Vallisra Satish, she's an evil Tiefling Summoner and we had our first game this past Saturday. Very fun to pull out the evil character campaigns and gives me a chance to paint up something a bit different.

The figure is from Darksword Miniatures (DSM-1168) Evil Female Mage (in spoiler if you want to see pic of figure unpainted).

e_1168_f2_g.jpg

Here's the art that I'm working off of and my inspiration for the figure.

post-7987-0-63255100-1410906211_thumb.jpg

Here are my WIP pics thus far, working the skin, skin, skin, and more skin! You'll notice subtle changes between pictures 3-6 as I kept going back in and wet-blending and fixing shadows/highlights etc. 

post-7987-0-55537200-1410906422_thumb.jpg

post-7987-0-18751100-1410906424_thumb.jpg

post-7987-0-66619700-1410906425_thumb.jpg

post-7987-0-16846200-1410906427_thumb.jpg

post-7987-0-74435500-1410906428_thumb.jpg

post-7987-0-41118100-1410906430_thumb.jpg

Paints used so far:

Shadows - Stained Olive HD mixed with Peacock Green

Base - Brilliant Red HD mixed with Fresh Blood

Highlights - Fresh Blood mixed with Rosy Skin

Higher Highlights - Added Rosy Skin Highlight to the above mix.

I play around with my colors constantly with wet blending between the paints above to get what I like.

C&C are more than welcomed and greatly appreciated!

Thanks for looking  ^_^

• Like 16

Thanks Wolf!

Oh I forgot to mention in my above post that the little horns are cut from the very tips of sanding needles and super-glued on. I'll prime/paint those when I do the hair.

• Like 3

Oooo very nice! I worried at first how dark the red was but the lightening is coming along beautifully!!! Very pretty shade. I love the horns too!

Uber, she has a bare belly O_O

Edited by MissMelons
  • Like 2

ROFL, I didn't even see that bare midriff! 

I'll paint it up as skin, gotta get on that now since I have the colors out!

• Like 3

Great mini and looking forward to seeing what you do with her. One question though, are you going to do the bare midriff?

I really appreciate you pointing that midriff out, I don't know how I missed it. Thank you for the compliments as well. 

This figure I bought before I had a character for the game, I just really liked her.

Oooo very nice! I worried at first how dark the red was but the lightening is coming along beautifully!!! Very pretty shade. I love the horns too!

Uber, she has a bare belly O_O

Thanks! 

• Like 2

Some more work on her before we headed out to dinner. Just got back so I'll upload them here.

post-7987-0-58623600-1410928115_thumb.jpg

post-7987-0-48617500-1410928117_thumb.jpg

C&C welcomed & appreciated!

• Like 9

Lookin' great, and I really dig that cloak!

You know, if you're feeling really brave, I can't help but think that those eyes are perfect for a little white catch-light.   :devil:   It's rough the first few times, but eventually adding that little touch to the eyes becomes super fun, and I definitely feel like your works of late prove that you are plenty good enough to give it a try!

• Like 2

Thanks Kuro!

Whew, I did those eyes 4x to get them to that point! They are really tiny actually, but I'll try on my next figure :P

• Like 2

Whew, I did those eyes 4x to get them to that point! They are really tiny actually, but I'll try on my next figure :P

I know exactly how that goes :lol:  (I remember spending like 2 hours on one mini's eyes only to mess them up later while painting the face) and her eyes are already quite good just the way they are!

• Like 1

Looks great so far.  Great Tiefling skin color.

You were asking about basing suggestions: As a summoner, how about cobblestone/dungeon floor with a corner of a blue magic summoning circle and a green-stuff fragment of something being summoned?  Or just the circle, but the tip of the staff and the circle the same color and both really bright like they are being activated by her summoning.

My two cents...

• Like 2

Looks great so far.  Great Tiefling skin color.

You were asking about basing suggestions: As a summoner, how about cobblestone/dungeon floor with a corner of a blue magic summoning circle and a green-stuff fragment of something being summoned?  Or just the circle, but the tip of the staff and the circle the same color and both really bright like they are being activated by her summoning.

My two cents...

Thanks!

Yep, basing suggestions are greatly appreciated. I use her in my Pathfinder game so something simple like the summoning circle sounds pretty easy to do and fun. I've got some cobblestones for basing and the circle is a great idea with the OSL from the bottom of the staff! Love it. Thanks!