Sign in to follow this  

Hiho,

in between thinking of new designs for the crypt I presented in the show off section I also finished my old set of dungeon tiles. I tidied up the sides, added walls and doors and made a couple of pictures of different rooms configurations. More pictures and information about techniques used as always on my Blog.

Stack o'Dungeon tiles:

img_74271.jpg

Some rooom configurations:

img_74331.jpg

img_74361.jpg

img_74411.jpg

• Like 9

That does look SPLENDID. That's the way I envisioned the table for my erstwhile AD&D crew's games...the dips & chips always won out over the vision. VERY WELL & IMAGINATIVELY DONE!

Very well done! How did you do the columns? Are those hirstarts? There's one thing that I think would improve the look... Walls. Not full size walls, shorter, like half size walls that are easy to reach around and see around.

Thank you for your comments. Much appreciated. The columns are wedding cake decorations. They are reasonably priced for a set of four and you then can cut them and fill the hoolows with wood filler.

Basically something like this http://www.kitchenshop.co.nz/webapps/p/73735/115924/440209

You can also get some with a round top, hexagonal top and even entirely rectangular. They come out at more or less 4 NZ $ a piece for the tall ones and even cheaper for the shorter ones, which should be more or less the same in US Dollars. There is almost no flash and minimal moldlines with these pieces, which can be removed with a sharp knife. They are rigid plastic (hollow inside) and take paint as well as any plastic miniature. With such stuff easily available I don't see any reason to invest in metal or resin pieces.

I won't add more to this layout, but rather focus on my new crypt design. The idea is to take the best of both worlds and have removeable walls and flat corridor pieces. This way I can preserve the look and don't have to make do with very narrow walls. I admit I don't like the look and much rather make them removeable.

The Baudea stuff I ordered online with a reseller in Australia, so it might be good to have a look at their webpage to see  who is selling Baudea stuff in the US http://www.baueda.com/retailers.html.  The 15mm or 28mm vases etc. set is very useful indeed.

• Like 1