Reaper Artist Conference and Open House: October 25-26, 2014

ladystorm

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Artists

So far as I'm aware, the publicly scheduled events are Saturday and Sunday only. I would not expect Sunday events to go much past dinner time.

I'm also not aware of any Saturday night shenanigans being planned. I'm not saying rule it out, just maybe don't expect it to the degree where you'll be disappointed if it doesn't happen.

ArtistCon hasn't been held as a public event for a couple of years, and when it was, it was always a much more casual thing than ReaperCon. In the past it was mostly just a bunch of the artists hanging around available to chat with whoever wanted to show up. That included opportunities to get sneak peeks of products in the pipeline, see how the factory operates, shop for the special edition miniatures (in addition to the rest of the huge Reaper catalogue), and get to know the people who work at Reaper to bring us our beloved miniatures.

This year's having scheduled classes is the most plan there's ever been (at least since I've been part of it). There may be more plan than that, but we're all working on it as we go and Reaper will let people know as soon as they can. Because of the nature of how it was in the past, and the hiatus, forum folks probably can't give you as much 'this is how it works' info as can be done with ReaperCon.

• Like 2

• Reaper User

Anyone that has gone to one previous know how late they usually go? I need to know for hotel reasons. how many nights to book

We're planning on running 9am to 8pm on Saturday, and 9am to 6pm on Sunday. For those of you who will be in town on Friday, the Reaper Game Store is open pretty late, and there will likely be a lot of us Reaper folks hanging around that night.

Edited by Reaper Ron
  • Like 5

Anyone that has gone to one previous know how late they usually go? I need to know for hotel reasons. how many nights to book

We're planning on running 9am to 8pm on Saturday, and 9am to 6pm on Sunday. For those of you who will be in town on Friday, the Reaper Game Store is open pretty late, and there will likely be a lot of us Reaper folks hanging around that night.

Thank you!!

It's looking less and less likely that I will be able to make it again this year. I just have too many things up in the air right now. This makes me sad. 

I'm running into the same issue. October has not played out like it was supposed to. I'm still checking around to see if anyone from the area might be going up for just the day on Saturday, but if not, then I am probably a scratch for the first time in... well, as long as I can remember.

~v

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it. Looking forward to casual. It has been a really rough year

It's looking less and less likely that I will be able to make it again this year. I just have too many things up in the air right now. This makes me sad. 

I'm running into the same issue. October has not played out like it was supposed to. I'm still checking around to see if anyone from the area might be going up for just the day on Saturday, but if not, then I am probably a scratch for the first time in... well, as long as I can remember.

~v

Vutpakdi had mentioned to me that he was coming up, and I know he's generally near-ish you.