Reaper Artist Conference and Open House: October 25-26, 2014

ladystorm

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So while I'm terribly late in these replies, I couldn't resist. So many great memories from ReaperCon!

I guess i'll have to creep on my favorite artists at Reaper Con :( 

Miss Melons-- I believe we were two kindred spirits in [respectful & appropriate] fangirldom at RCon! ^_^ While you saw me show up late and hover awkwardly outside the meeting room, you didn't see me drop, scatter, and collect my previously-painted miniatures in the hallway on my way to meet DS. He was patient, knowledgeable and kind; I was totally awkward & I don't think I finished a coherent sentence!  

i've never been to a con or a con like event =P I just imagine they'll be a bit too busy with classes and other people for me to really say more than hi

None of the people on Ladystorm's list turned down a chocolate bribe when I went around Artist's row at ReaperCon last Spring.  :devil:

(Although, I don't think Rhonda was at her station at the time. I'll do better next time!)

I had the distinct pleasure of buying Anne a beer in unsolicited appreciation of her sticking around late and answering my impromptu questions. Seriously, there's nothing better than R.Con and the laid-back panel who answers goofy newbie questions (also lookin' at you 

Unless the hotel shoos you out of the lobby. XD

...or turns off the lights in the ballroom at 10pm  :;): Seriously, I'll never forget, "Um, that won't work! We brought our own lamps!!" Good times... good times. 

• Like 6

...or turns off the lights in the ballroom at 10pm  :;): Seriously, I'll never forget, "Um, that won't work! We brought our own lamps!!" Good times... good times. 

Oh yeah, you where right next to me at Corporea Corner when that happened, weren't you? It was awesome, especially since Bryan was right there too, and he was supposedly the responsible one..... Next year will be AWESOME!!

• Like 4

(also lookin' at you Tale Spinner) 

I was just having a blast with the rest!  You, Mocha, had the most infectious smile ever.  Seriously, for those who didn't attend, she looked EXACTLY like her avatar, the WHOLE con.  One couldn't help but feel happy whenever you were around, my friend.  

I can't wait until next spring!!!

Edited by TaleSpinner
  • Like 5

(also lookin' at you Tale Spinner) 

I was just having a blast with the rest!  You, Mocha, had the most infectious smile ever.  Seriously, for those who didn't attend, she looked EXACTLY like her avatar, the WHOLE con.  One couldn't help but feel happy whenever you were around, my friend.  

I can't wait until next spring!!!

Now if we could get her to do a little base work on her miniatures.

• Like 3

Now if we could get her to do a little base work on her miniatures.

It's true! While I finally sucked it up & faced my initial basing demons with Maralise, I definitely have a lot more to learn ^_^ I'm looking forward to taking Bob's "Crafting Your Own Scenic Bases" & Julie's "Craft Your Own Creepy Halloween Tree" at RAC. Can't wait! 

• Like 3

Oh yeah, you where right next to me at Corporea Corner when that happened, weren't you? It was awesome, especially since Bryan was right there too, and he was supposedly the responsible one..... Next year will be AWESOME!!

Nobody has called me the responsible one in a long time...

Unless they were passing blame ;)

Nobody has called me the responsible one in a long time...

Unless they were passing blame ;)

I figured it was an indictment of just how bad the rest of the group was.  :poke:

Edited by TaleSpinner
  • Like 1