Reaper Artist Conference and Open House: October 25-26, 2014

ladystorm

I need to go to my FLGS some time and pick up the highlight colors =P I forgot to get them while in Denton, though I did get the other shades we had been shown [though I had messed up and got the wrong color green and bronze...oh well XD ]

Sometimes I buy the wrong colors deliberately. Then I have a reason for buying more paint. And my collection of paints has grown by double the amount intended. So it's still a win.  :poke:

• Like 3

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who took Michael Proctor's metallics class remember the name of the color we used for the highlights?  I thought I wrote it down but can't find it in my notes.

I jotted down the names of a few of the options he had for highlights

They were:

Metal Medium

Sophie Silver

Vallejo Gold

Model Air Chrome

Thanks

Is there a thread where people are posting pictures of the stuff they did during the hands-on classes?  I've got a couple I want to throw out there for suggestions on how to do better, and I'm not sure the "Show Off" thread would be the place (or is it?).

One of the new classes I went to was taught by Izzy on developing concept art. I thought the class was great! Watching her go from some simple word choices to a sculptable drawing was amazing. She also provided a great talk on how to make those figures evil, chaotic, lawful, or good and how to push a mini in one of those directions. If it's offered again I would recommend it!

Truly inspiring and makes me want to draw (and then I look at the stick figures that aren't even straight...) :)

Just thought I would throw my appreciation out there!

• Like 3

It was the last slot on Sunday afternoon in the upstairs room. I think it was a last minute "let's try this" class rather than being fully planned. It was really good. I hope they put it into Reapercon so my son gets a chance to see it. He's can draw, but is still missing some of the concepts that were presented.

And also many kudos on the puppet! The Archaeopteryx was fun! And so well handled.