Reaper Artist Conference and Open House: October 25-26, 2014

ladystorm

Seriously just because Andy can't be there doesn't mean that there won't be plenty of sculptors to pick up tips from. I'm sure most of the usual suspects will be there; Gene Van Horne, Julie Guthrie, Bob Ridolphi, Bobby Jackson and Jason Wiebe. While I don't have any information on who will actually be attending its a good bet that at least some of those sculptors will be there. That's a lot of high powered talent.

On the painting side, I know that Michael Proctor (Clever Crow) will be there. You are likely to at least find Rhonda Bender there as well.

Yeah, exactly.  I'm the least of the least when among those who will be there.  :rolleyes:

I disagree with this. How many of them have sculpted platypus? 

• Like 1

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think I'll try to make it.  Just so happens my secretary needs off that weekend so I'm thinking about closing that Saturday.  Trying to convince myself that I can do the 5 hour drive.

Considering that is less than 30 minutes more than us, it's totally doable. If you are just going to day-trip it, it can be kind of brutal (up and out the door at 6am, back around 1am that night), but the people from Houston have done it several times for previous RACs and KS close parties. If you plan to stay over night, then the round trip isn't nearly as harsh.

At least one other... but we like Andy too, and he'll be missed. I'm not sure what I'm going to put on a stick yet (cheesecake, perhaps? :;):), but I'll find something for you, Andy.

~v

EDIT: To add linkage.

Edited by Shakandara
  • Like 2

Seriously just because Andy can't be there doesn't mean that there won't be plenty of sculptors to pick up tips from. I'm sure most of the usual suspects will be there; Gene Van Horne, Julie Guthrie, Bob Ridolphi, Bobby Jackson and Jason Wiebe. While I don't have any information on who will actually be attending its a good bet that at least some of those sculptors will be there. That's a lot of high powered talent.

On the painting side, I know that Michael Proctor (Clever Crow) will be there. You are likely to at least find Rhonda Bender there as well.

Yeah, exactly.  I'm the least of the least when among those who will be there.  :rolleyes:

Platypus?!? Where!?

• Like 2

i've never been to a con or a con like event =P I just imagine they'll be a bit too busy with classes and other people for me to really say more than hi

None of the people on Ladystorm's list turned down a chocolate bribe when I went around Artist's row at ReaperCon last Spring. :devil:

(Although, I don't think Rhonda was at her station at the time. I'll do better next time!)

• Like 2

Platypus?!? Where!?

Not yet released or on the release schedule yet (AFAIK).  I sculpted it at ReaperCon for a new animal companion pack.

Edited by TaleSpinner
  • Like 5

Platypus?!? Where!?

Not yet released or on the release schedule yet (AFAIK).  I sculpted it at ReaperCon for a new animal companion pack.

Where is the dislike button (only for this not yet being on the release schedule)? Will there be a regular and a dire or giant platypus? Platypus-onna-stick even?

Platypus?!? Where!?

Where is the dislike button (only for this not yet being on the release schedule)? Will there be a regular and a dire or giant platypus? Platypus-onna-stick even?

I only sculpted a regular one for Reaper.  Bare in mind it may be on the Release Schedule, but that is not public info and I have no more insight into that than anyone else, other than that I know what I have sent in.  I normally don't divulge such things, but in this case everyone at RC15 saw it so...

As far as platypodes go, I also sculpted Perry for fun for Loim, but since that is IP it is only a fan work and not saleable.  You can see if Loim has a picture, I guess. 

Edited by TaleSpinner
  • Like 1

Didn't mean to get you upset or in trouble. A playtpus sounded like a fun animal companion, then the thought of a larger-scale platypus monster sounded even more intriguing, I should probably go add it to the minis you'd like to see thread.

• Like 1