CMON basing system featured Micro Art Studio

SamuraiJack

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And they did say if you pledge at the 4 set level, you can pick the 4 sets you want.  You don't have to take 1 of each type if some sets are nor useful to you (as they are to me, I just don't have a need for modern / sci-fi).

I bought a lot of MicroArts resin bases back before the owners of the company split up and all the bases had to be redesigned.

I'm a big fan of those early designs and from the pictures I've seen the redone ones looked pretty good too... But these seem to be yet another redesign, and I'm not sure I like having inserts instead of an integral one piece base.

And I will second the fact that MicroArts has a tendency to overdo some base designs to the point where it can be difficult to actually place a mini on it.

Even if I had the funds this would be a pass from me. I'm pretty well placed for scenic bases right now thanks to several addons from other kickstarters, and of course there'll be more plain bases coming with my Bones II shipment too.

• Like 2

I managed to snag an EB. It may just be a placeholder, depending on how my funds turn out. If this turns out like the Relic Knights kickstarter, you can bet CMoN won't see another penny out of me. Ever.

Edited by dsmiles

It fulfilled. A year late, and with many mispacks and miscasts. Their QA department needs to get off their collective butt. Their shipping department needs to get on the ball. Overall the fulfillment and communication sucked.

Relic Knights is a SodaPop product. I love SodaPop. These bases are a MAS product. I love MAS. I have bought many products from both of these companies. CMoN producing this one tends to sour my opinion a bit.

It fulfilled. A year late, and with many mispacks and miscasts. Their QA department needs to get off their collective butt. Their shipping department needs to get on the ball. Overall the fulfillment and communication sucked.

But at least it was delivered; that beats several other KS projects that are still lingering in the works.  I'm still waiting on my King of Evil Dragons from CSM, for example.

I picked up some Relic Knights stuff off eBay, so I wasn't an original backer, but from what I've seen/read about the campaign it seems like one of those "runaway success" situations where they were left rushing to fulfill unlocks that weren't quite ready for release.