CMON basing system featured Micro Art Studio

SamuraiJack

I picked up some Relic Knights stuff off eBay, so I wasn't an original backer, but from what I've seen/read about the campaign it seems like one of those "runaway success" situations where they were left rushing to fulfill unlocks that weren't quite ready for release.

It was pretty darn successful, to be sure, but I would have thought CMoN (being a company that had sponsored kickstarters in the past) would have had a better plan in place, in case RK blew up the way it did.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cmon is also one of the worst offenders of releasing "kickstarter exlusive" content to the point that retail purchase feels like getting half a game. With bases I'm not as worried about it, but I remember Arcadia Quest having something like 2 or 3 kickstarter exclusive heroes for every regular unlock. Really crappy, short sighted strategy in my opinion.

Edit: Just double checked.21 kickstarter exclusive heroes unlocked, with 3 kickstarter exlusive addon heroes unlocked. 2 non-exclusive addon heroes unlocked.

Edited by hmdrake

104 bases for 88$?

... I can't wait! And since this is running off molds they already have from the base goals, they shouldn't have problems fulfilling... I'm crossing my fingers that after these goals are SG for 120mm bases and new types, personally. Jungle, forest, graveyard would all be ideal for me... although the ancient and arcane ones are great, too, and so's the tau and wraithstone.

I have a feeling 120mm would really shine, here. or even elipses - I know I'd love to base things on their big bases if it didn't run me 25$ a base...

• Like 1

Since it's produced in China and imported into the EU VAT has to be paid

so that $80 all the bases pledge costs $16 (ish depending on which EU country it initially arrives in) to get in, leaving a reasonable $4 for the shipping

the price of a better welfare system and all that

(although it does mean it's not an instant back for me, but one I need to think hard about)

• Like 1

Also, this is Cmon. Apparently there were some mild complaints on the cost of shipping for Arcadia Quest and Zombicide and EU shipments. Plus, people are still upset from the Rivet Wars KS on poor completion, shipping, missing parts and very little feedback. US backers don't seem to have as many issues, the missing pieces thing, but EU seem to have it very rough with CMON.

I love Jen Haley though so.....plus their office is an hour away from where I live. @_@ 

And bases can't be that hard to complete right? 

Edited by MissMelons
  • Like 2

Something I do not understand (and I quote from the Kickstarter main page of this KS): 

"We will ship your rewards at our cost to our international hubs. Depending on where in the world you are, we will either ship to you from our hub in Germany (EU backers), ..."

They'll ship my rewards at THEIR cost to one of their international hubs ... for the EU, the hub is in Germany. That would mean that shipping to an address in Germany should be a lot cheaper than $15 to $20 ...

Something I do not understand (and I quote from the Kickstarter main page of this KS): 

"We will ship your rewards at our cost to our international hubs. Depending on where in the world you are, we will either ship to you from our hub in Germany (EU backers), ..."

They'll ship my rewards at THEIR cost to one of their international hubs ... for the EU, the hub is in Germany. That would mean that shipping to an address in Germany should be a lot cheaper than $15 to $20 ...

Thus the ranting and raving in Comment sections. @_@ The KS has also stalled significantly.