Paranoia RPG Minis seeking feedback.

Reaperbryan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Highlighted Yellow with tanned highlight, and was trying to use the same color I had highlighted Orange and Red with as the shadow(Burnt Orange), but I think that was somewhat less successful.

You can also see that I have begun Blue. Indigo and Violet are also over there.

I will be using highlighting to make blue and indigo more easy to distinguish. I swear I used different blues

image.jpg

Looking good, but the green is quite a bit less bright than the other colors.  Maybe brighten it up so it matches?

I as actually considering darkening down the other ones.  The armor is kind of monotone, minus highlights, and i thought maybe a darker shade of each color on the recessed plates could add visual interest. 

Of course, I'm barely done with 4 of the first 7, let alone all 42, so the idea of adding more steps to each one by adding more shades is not appealing.  

Nothing like a good game of paranoia to instill a good sense of hilarious fear into your players!

While these are looking good, they are too armored for my tastes, to be troubleshooters.

Still a good thing you have going here so don't let me ruin it for ya!

Bryan, I love how you have them posed in rainbow fashion with the paint colors right behind them. It makes for a very striking photo.

My favorite so far is the yellow, I just love how it accents the black. Your base on the red one is coming along wonderfully. Is it just painted on or did you use plastic card or so etching for texture.

• Like 1

For your yellows you began with the wrong yellow-it's too light and it's too bright. You've no room to work up from. I would suggest using Chestnut Gold as a base colour, work up to Palomino Gold, the finish with Pale Buckskin for your highlights. You did the same with your Orange. I would suggest using Rust Red as a base colour, then work up through lighter oranges by adding yellows.  Same problems with your reds. Start with Crimson Red, then work up through paler reds. Add yellow to your lightest reds till you've nice sharp highlights. Even if you're going for table top quality, what you have won't work for the 3 foot rule.

Your base colours on the greens, the blues and the purples are darker and might work.

• Like 1

I plan to get more troubleshooters in Red done today.

I've decided for now not to add more shades of each color to the minis.  I'm already daunted but the scope - 35 more troubleshooters to paint, and then green goons/imefs, instsec blues, R&D Profs and jackbots(toolbots) Warbots (CAVs and XAIRS) Docbots (toolbots) and Scrubots.  PLUS there's the 3-d hurst arts terrain I'm working out a deal with Bonwirn for...

More colors = more intimidated.

OTOH, It'll be the best dang Paranoia Setup EVER.