PP73005, 73018, 73074 : Harriers, The Forsaken, Beast Mistress

Sanael

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I'm still not entirely happy with the beast mistress model. It just misses the mark for me. Which is odd, for a Privateer Press model.

Nice job on the paints, and I like your Wright Bros.

P.S.: I've never managed to squeeze 5 Forsaken in a pAby theme force. 4 seems to be about my limit. I have 5, but one always just ends up on the sidelines. Her theme force is pretty stout, but Legion beasts are pretty fragile. Good luck.

Glad you like the Harriers, thanks!

We'll have to agree to disagree re: the Beast Mistress. I don't know if she looks like what I would design for the fluff concept, but I do love the way she looks. As for 5 Forsaken...the second one hasn't been purchased yet, so painting a fifth is a ways away. Still, I know my friend who plays Skorne would like to do a few 75-pt games eventually. I think a 75 pt pAbsy T4 list would be pretty terrifying! Fragile, though, you're right about that.

Glad you like the Harriers, thanks!

We'll have to agree to disagree re: the Beast Mistress. I don't know if she looks like what I would design for the fluff concept, but I do love the way she looks. As for 5 Forsaken...the second one hasn't been purchased yet, so painting a fifth is a ways away. Still, I know my friend who plays Skorne would like to do a few 75-pt games eventually. I think a 75 pt pAbsy T4 list would be pretty terrifying! Fragile, though, you're right about that.

It's especially terrifying with both Proteus and Typhon in it.

Wow, cool color scheme and nice paint jobs ta boot.

Harrier is one of the few models I don't own yet for everblight, but with a pot painted soon I may want that option.

Forsaken - is it just me or is this one of the worst looking models Privateer has to offer? I hate it ever more that it is so useful to Everblight. So unbelievably undynamic. I always see a woman coming out of the shower trying to cover herself up with a towel.

Beast Mistress: One of the best paint jobs I have seen on her so far. I have one primed and ready to go, but not sure when I will be able to get to her with 6 lesser pokers and a pot to work on this month.

Hey Mutilatedlips, thanks for the comments.

I really recommend the Harriers. They were loads of fun to paint, and they kill pesky solos like nobody's business. I've really enjoyed them each time I've fielded them.

Yeah, I doubt I'll paint another forsaken without some heavy mods. It's one instance where I appreciate the PrivPress penchant for overcomplicating assembly. That mini is four separate pieces, which is completely insane for so simple a model, but it will make mods a little easier. I have the same thought about a woman covering herself with a towel, and it seems a bit silly to me.

Glad you like the Beast Mistress. She was a nice break from painting beasties.

Good luck with the pasta pot! It's on my list, but I want to finish up some of my half-started pieces first.