Real Cyborgs

Joe the Revelator

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Flying car is a thought...

It was the first thing that popped into my mind upon reading the question.

I blame the jet-pack visuals. 

But on reflection...

...borg-quality implants to replace ruined joints...but without the hive mind...that notion has a certain appeal.

• Like 4

My mom is already a cyborg. She got her replacement hip 4 years ago. Of course, it's rather inferior...

But yes, since bioengineering and cloning or organs has not gained popularity, replacement joints and organs. As long as things don't end up as in the movie Repo Men :blink: That would be a lil nuts.

But I'm not sure I'd want to go further than that. Nano tech has the potential to be both wonderful and terrifying. Humans are too petty to be trusted with that sort of thing. :unsure:

• Like 3

Joints will be ten different kinds of fancy before we can make an artificial digestion system. Unless we go self organizing system with bio-engineering. It's too complex and possibly depends a lot on microorganisms, and we barely know much if anything about which ones.

OK, then, how about an immune system that is not crazy and attacking me?

• Like 1

Joints will be ten different kinds of fancy before we can make an artificial digestion system. Unless we go self organizing system with bio-engineering. It's too complex and possibly depends a lot on microorganisms, and we barely know much if anything about which ones.

OK, then, how about an immune system that is not crazy and attacking me?

Doesn't that have pretty much the same response as what Thes said? :unsure:

• Like 1

Boy howdy, it's getting to the point where I very likely need the same thing. Correcting a self identfiying immune system will take even longer I think.

The way I see it, you either have to remove every white blood cell in the body, and test it to see if it's a good wbc or a bad wbc, and put them all back after they get tested (Kinda sorta what an autologous stem cell transplant is now, but without the whole body radiation to try to remove any lingering ones, but this procedure has a VERY high mortality) 

Or we need to have nanobots that go into the body and act as white blood cell police, killing the ones who recognize self antigens. Which also sounds really dangerous. 

Edited by Thes Hunter
  • Like 2