Skalathrix Color Scheme

Xymor

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you play D&D? This figure is taken directly from that, as a Type I Demon (Vrock).

Most of this critter is featherless (with a couple exceptions). Per the description, the skin is purple, with grey feathers (IIRC this is from the 3e monster manual). That's how I painted him.

I want to get another, however, and Dremel the base off so I can use him in D&D more effectively; they only have a 5x5ft facing, but the base equates with a 5x10 facing, making what square its in dodgy, and prone to error (or even, dare I say it! cheating...).

Damon.

You can take a look at this color scheme http://www.coolminiornot.com/?id=43528. It's for a different, yet similar model.

As for the facing issue, I would just up the critter's stats to reflect a 10' facing on the and use a 40/50mm base. That way you can trick the base out as well as solve your facing issue. They are large and powerfull demons after all, they should be imposing.

If you want something REALLY different you could try Takahiro Hasinaka's [otherwise known as " Qiao-Zhong"] rainbow wings. I especially like the Oni mask on the critter's shoulder.

img3f1e526af1b4b.jpg

Here is someones more natural colours on a builtup base.

Alexi_Z Vulture demon

3.5 VROCK

Large Outsider (Chaotic, Extraplanar, Evil)

Hit Dice: 10d8+70 (115 hp)

Initiative: +2

Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), fly 50 ft. (average)

Armor Class: 22 (–1 size, +2 Dex, +11 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 20

Base Attack/Grapple: +10/+20

Attack: Claw +15 melee (2d6+6)

Full Attack: 2 claws +15 melee (2d6+6) and bite +13 melee (1d8+3) and 2 talons +13 melee (1d6+3)

Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.

Special Attacks: Dance of ruin, spell-like abilities, spores, stunning screech, summon demon

Special Qualities: Damage reduction 10/good, darkvision 60 ft., immunity to electricity and poison, resistance to acid 10, cold 10, and fire 10, spell resistance 17, telepathy 100 ft.

Saves: Fort +14, Ref +9, Will +10

Abilities: Str 23, Dex 15, Con 25, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 16

Skills: Concentration +20, Diplomacy +5, Hide +11, Intimidate +16, Knowledge (any one) +15, Listen +24, Move Silently +15, Search +15, Sense Motive +16, Spellcraft +15, Spot +24, Survival +3 (+5 following tracks)

Feats: Cleave, Combat Reflexes, Multiattack, Power Attack

Environment: A chaotic evil-aligned plane

Organization: Solitary, pair, gang (3–5), or squad (6–10)

Challenge Rating: 9

Treasure: Standard

Alignment: Always chaotic evil

Advancement: 11–14 HD (Large); 15–30 HD (Huge)

Level Adjustment: +8

A vrock is about 8 feet tall and weighs about 500 pounds.

Combat

Vrocks are vicious fighters who like to fly down into the enemy and cause as much damage as possible. They prance about in battle, taking briefly to the air and bringing their clawed feet into play. Despite their advantage in mobility, the vrocks’ deep love of battle frequently leads them into melee combats against heavy odds.

A vrock’s natural weapons, as well as any weapons it wields, are treated as chaotic-aligned and evil-aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Dance of Ruin (Su): To use this ability, a group of at least three vrocks must join hands in a circle, dancing wildly and chanting.

At the end of 3 rounds of dancing, a wave of crackling energy flashes outward in a 100-foot radius. All creatures except for demons within the radius take 20d6 points of damage (Reflex DC 18 half ). Stunning, paralyzing, or slaying one of the vrocks stops the dance. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Spell-Like Abilities: At will—mirror image, telekinesis (DC 18), greater teleport (self plus 50 pounds of objects only); 1/day—heroism. Caster level 12th. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

Spores (Ex): A vrock can release masses of spores from its body once every 3 rounds as a free action. The spores automatically deal 1d8 points of damage to all creatures adjacent to the vrock. They then penetrate the skin and grow, dealing an additional 1d4 points of damage each round for 10 rounds. At the end of this time, the victim is covered with a tangle of viny growths. (The vines are harmless and wither away in 1d4 days.) A delay poison spell stops the spores’ growth for its duration. Bless, neutralize poison, or remove disease kills the spores, as does sprinkling the victim with a vial of holy water.

Stunning Screech (Su): Once per hour a vrock can emit a piercing screech. All creatures except for demons within a 30-foot radius must succeed on a DC 22 Fortitude save or be stunned for 1 round. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Summon Demon (Sp): Once per day a vrock can attempt to summon 2d10 dretches or another vrock with a 35% chance of success. This ability is the equivalent of a 3rd-level spell.

Skills: Vrocks have a +8 racial bonus on Listen and Spot checks.

Oh I relly like Alixi Z Vulture Demon paint scheme, Ill try that one.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. And I do play D&D have for 10 years, I just did not want to confuse anyone by calling it a Varok.HaHaHa should have knowen better. ^_^

@Lars P: The Vrock has become large in 3.5 and has 10ft/10ft.

I painted mine in purple with grey feathers like the illustration in savage species. I don't have a picture in my gallery yet, but I put one up soon.

That certainly changes things, and less effort for me too! I don't play 3.5 (stinks of GW with what they did, so I opted out) but our group is considering inplementing some of the better changes (primarily spells) into the game. We may implement this as well (primarily because I paint the figures...).

Damon.